finally got a record lathe / presto 6D

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

THEVICTROLAGUY

finally got a record lathe / presto 6D

Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:32 am

i was contacted by one of my customers in new york, he knew i was looking for a disc lathe, he offered me the lathe, cutting amp and mic pre amp from his collection of vintage sound equipment. i bought it and pick it up next week, have to drive to new york to get it, total cost : 75 bucks !!!

here is a slide show of the machine and amps, comes with 5 feed screws, has not run in 40 years. will post video when it arrives...

ROLANDJAYS

Re: finally got a record lathe / presto 6D

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:20 am

So you paid 75$ for the lathe ?
I make replacement parts for that machine if you need it

THEVICTROLAGUY

Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:35 am

great, thanks for letting me know. i am driving to new york next week, 12 hours one way, but this is too good to pass on, no idea on the amps or what pitch the feed screws are but for 75 bucks i would walk to new york to get this. needs work it has been sitting for 40 years in a private collection, actually looking forward to seeing what else he might have. i will be doing a series of videos on this, showing the repairs as i go, hoping to get this up and running in the next few weeks, will post video as it progresses...

recordboy

Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:17 pm

:shock: WOE WHAT A DEAL!!!
congrats!!!
Will b fun to watch...

Cheers
Cheers,
recordboy