Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Thelurker

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Sounds good man!

What about with some bass heavy and vocal music?

Also how loud can you cut and what diamond are you using?

Also a DSP based parametric EQ will heed much better results then your external graphic!

EpicenterBryan

Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:48 pm

Thelurker wrote:The one in the middle, with half the plastic cut! I had very high hopes but couldn't actually remove the plastic without damaging cone!
You might try using a bench grinder. That's how I cut this one - just by grinding off the outer area. Then I coated the silk dome in CA. Haven't tried it yet but it's on my list of things to do.
IMG_4478[1].JPG
BTW, nice job on your test cut. It sounds much better than the curve looks. Are you sure that curve is correct? Is that before or after application of EQ?

Bryan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snug Music

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:02 pm

cosmO_O wrote:AND some music :)
A start the video with some needle flick, proof of concept. There is some nice rumble from the Stanton ST150 and from the head moving motor. So, enjoy!

Hey cosmo,..
Great job, thats very, very great!

The curve of EQ looks llike my EQ-cuve...hehee. ..great man!

So, what u do with the orig. Audiomaterial before u play that in EQ from DAW? Or play u that audiotrack (without iRIAA!) from DAW in EQ> mixer> amp?

Regards Scotty ;)
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:26 am

I have a large complexes. The film is a fake. First I fought the quiet groove, then I did the background music. Now I pretend mastering engineer. Of course, I can only dream of such a sound gramophone record, please forgive me my life complexes. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :|

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:36 am

hey there...

So, I have the video now several times looked at, as well as with my best headphones (in ear!) which I listened to on stage when playing keyboards use! I can say that video of cosmo with safety only "NO FAKE!" I know comsmo not personally, but I trust him and my ears and that what I have seen! so, at this point again a big thanks to cosmo for his video contribution! keep it up! 8)
Scotty :wink:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:55 am

the movie is not real, is MP3 background music, background noise is mixed analogue record the impression authentic. Just to jump pad phonograph in several places to stop and go back a finger plate to the back plate, the backward rotation, it is difficult to cheat me, I threw in the trash more than 700 CDs, I will not be fooled, I'm sorry :D :wink:
real Saku DIY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEarheLts1Q
end Opcode66 real VMS70 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUnAZqj0PP4

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:25 am

sakuszi wrote:the movie is not real, is MP3 background music, background noise is mixed analogue record the impression authentic. Just to jump pad phonograph in several places to stop and go back a finger plate to the back plate, the backward rotation, it is difficult to cheat me, I threw in the trash more than 700 CDs, I will not be fooled, I'm sorry :D :wink:
real Saku DIY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEarheLts1Q
end Opcode66 real VMS70 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUnAZqj0PP4
Hey my Friend,

hmm .. sounds plausible what you say Saku! ;)
But why should he do that? He would not only us, but also to deceive itself! We want to help and so do not cheat each other here. Reliable results without manipulation. Otherwise, we will not get here, right? I appreciate any work which is posted here. Only if one manipulated here, none of us is helped with it. I'm not an engineer, I am a musician with a little understanding of the technology. What comes out, must also go some way in! Somehow! lol hehee. Saku, you're a great person with a lot of knowledge and I appreciate you very much !!! Do you really think that Cosmo has cheated? That would make me really sad when he has really made it so. So, let us here in the future, actual results Send "without manipulation," just so we all reach the goal. I myself am not a Video Star ... lol ... but I've decided, will soon be time to make a! Time maybe I'll see indeed still a Youtube star! hahahaa ... :P :lol: :lol:
Thank you, Saku, are a good friend! ;)

Best regards Scotty 8) :wink:

cosmO_O

Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:21 am

Hey guy, thanks for the reactions :)
If i can fool Sakus ears i think its a real gooood progression, i'll make a new video, like sakus, with platter stop, needle drop, scratching with the acetate. Yes its an acetate (Transco) cut wth sapphire (Diaccustic) styli.

Keep it up and THANKS fot the reactions guys 8)

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:21 am

cosmO_O wrote:Hey guy, thanks for the reactions :)
If i can fool Sakus ears i think its a real gooood progression, i'll make a new video, like sakus, with platter stop, needle drop, scratching with the acetate. Yes its an acetate (Transco) cut wth sapphire (Diaccustic) styli.

YES!!!

I knew that you can rely on yourself Cosmo! Because, I could simply not imagine that you are doing an own goal here! hehee ..
Finally're also a good human being, right? hehe ..
We have been here a good community and I believe that you can rely on the people here. Finally, we wanted yes one thing in common! (Vinyl cutting and have fun!)

So be it, .., Happy Cutting!

Best regards Scotty 8) :wink:

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:40 am

Snug Music Testcut_Rough.mp3
So here's a video of me!
BTW: I Come on TV ... lol :P :lol: :lol:
Now I will determine a star! Come soon and immortalize me in the Walk of Fame! hehee..lol

OK,..
Thus, the video shows my DYI Lathe where I cut and the result on Myshank Blank.
Have no heating used, not a suction unit, not pre-treated, or anything else.
The cut was made with an old spent diamonds and roars a bit.
Did not want to take the good diamond test. (Just costs too much money!)
In the video, you only hear about the room acoustics.
A recording of the cut material I post as Mp3 annexed!

Regards Scotty 8) :wink:

here it is >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avSRLQDf9nc

and the Audiorecord Rough is in the upper...;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:25 am

Snug Music , this is real your , real recording ypu tube , very well as a plastic plate, a little heating the blade reduces noise, I'm happy! My sound similar to plastic. Good work Snug Music, a real challenge to make a little money machine, which works better than the machine for a few thousand $. It's profitable ! Good sound! Brehinger EQ is useful?
I'll be in control of the situation, he buried now in electronics now ..
The knives are very expensive, I will not be risked on the plastic, I will tread the Russian knives $ 15 for one.
This is a very complicated process, it is not all easy and simple, but slowly, slowly, work work, accuracy, and will be a real success.
Thanks again Snug Music! Very good job!!!!
Last edited by sakuszi on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:29 am

I wait patiently Cosmo, on the real record! :D Maybe so good record? :mrgreen: :?: :D :wink:

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:43 am

TestCut_Snug3.jpg
TestCut_Snug2.jpg
TestCut_Snug1.jpg
Cut under Microscope

here little stills of the Cut i have made under the Microscope ;)
u can see the deepness and modulation 8)

cheers Scotty 8) :wink:

Snug Music

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:53 am

sakuszi wrote:Snug Music , this is real your , real recording ypu tube , very well as a plastic plate.
Good sound! Brehinger EQ is useful?
hey Saku my Friend,..

YES! It is! Behringer is very great...
let's see what we can still do that.
Extra filter for the driver, without adjustment EQ (extra built adjustment) so there's so many things, but we are the child already rocking, right?

Cutting Lathe is up to date! :P :lol: :lol:

regards Scotty 8) :wink:

cosmO_O

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:06 pm

sakuszi wrote:

I wait patiently Cosmo, on the real record! :D Maybe so good record? :mrgreen: :?: :D :wink:

So, OK, i dont want to go into any flame about my proof video, here is an another one, with tiresome humor, sorry, end of the workday. No offense Sakuszi, i dedicated the video to you. I learn something about your posts also, along many other lathe trolls. Thanks for the support, the answers. Go, cut some record :wink: 8)

(There is a vocal track on the record, with some bassline, at the end i play the record backward to summon something, no success :evil: :D)

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Cosmo ! :mrgreen:
cool ! Serrato great champion! German cut head SX74 + Helium 1 kg / h
VMS80, very good to hear the power of the head 7 Jul, and 4x 450W amplifiers, transistors Motorolla MJ423, 24 pieces, further included a "nitrous oxide" BSB74B Germany accelerator limiter acceleration of 35 meters per second 2,5 micron 17kHz !. This is it ! Only the German machines and heads that record! Thanks to the great Cosmo, beautiful, wonderful sound! :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :oops: 8)
Great ! Thanks again Cosmo! :)
Last edited by sakuszi on Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EpicenterBryan

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:47 pm

cosmO_O wrote:So, OK, i dont want to go into any flame about my proof video, here is an another one...
Great job cosmO_O, you Satanic faker!
No really, it sounds quite good. As does Scotty's version. Nice work fellas!

I for one miss the days when we could listen to the music and not have to resort to scratches, stops, starts, jumping around and all that just to prove it's real. That's what you have brought us to sakuszi. Thanks for your lack of confidence.

sakuszi

Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, I have a few hundred vinyl album, including more than 50 DMM, but none of these discs vinyl is not so well recorded, forgive Brayan, vinyl listening for many years, so it looks for me today :D :mrgreen: :wink: :)

Casanova

Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:04 pm

Hi cosmO_O, I have some questions for you.
Where does the sapphire stylus come from? Where can I buy a good and cheap one for testing?
What are those "cones" behind the drivers, connected by the 2 rods? I know they should have the same function they have in Sauri's vinylrecord, but I figure out what they exactly do.
Are your left driver connections inverted?

Thanks.
Keep up the good work.