I got it guys

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

petermontg

Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:31 pm

shame no 10" its understandable.

whenever the order is placed. ill take 100 x 7" and 100 x 12"

peter
Peter Montgomery
+353(0)894926271
peter(at)petermontgomerymastering.com

Stereo cutter head wanted. Send email or smoke signals.

mossboss

Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Kris D wrote:Hi - I was reading an interview with Stan Ricker in which he talks about a process used at RTI to smooth and polish the backside of the stampers before pressing to insure a flat surface for high gram / audiofile pressing.
This seems like it might be benificial in trying to produce a cuttable blank. I was thinking that a heavier pressing might produce a more level surface (less of the I-beam profile) similar to an old shellac in profile.
I'm going to try and hunt down the Ricker interview and post a link.

Best - Kris
Yes, Have seen it quite a while back Did not quite made sense to me as all stampers get finished off like he describes May be I missed something
Any way Stan is a very good cutter and certainly a vinyl man but he has some interesting views on certain things like an SX 74 head cutting up around the 100+ KHZ
That was the bias of a 2" tape from some tape deck from which they cut some acetates as well as the stamper finishing
Very interesting stuff to read about, indeed
Cheers
Chris