Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

marct

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi everybody, here's some little info about the cones. You can make them of paper, but i think my cones are made of some very thin pvc. You can also use old fashion stuff from a real photocamera. With the stuff i mean the roll of film, you put in an old camera :) With that stuff you can make very good cones! If you're cones are ready, you must put a very little 2 comp. epoxy on the inside of the cones (on the bottom) Let it dry for a little moment, and then you must put the cones very carefully on the 25mm dome tweeters. But there's one important thing: The cones of my cutterhead are hollow, so don't fill them up with liquid rubber! You can also take a look on the side of Audio Tesla, because he knows a lot about cutterheads! Kind regards, Marc 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dimi751

Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:03 pm

These photo are from the vinyl recorder dynamic
Cutter head, not the feed back cutter head

Yes very interesting topic to say the least very easy fix if you blow a tweeter l, but from the photo it look like you only replace 1 tweeter I personally will replaced both tweeters

Snug Music

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:39 am

very awesome! hey .. what drivers you have installed for the Souri-Head? Do you have a link to the tweeters ??
Cheers Scotty 8)
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:50 am

marct wrote:Hi everybody, here's some little info about the cones. You can make them of paper, but i think my cones are made of some very thin pvc. You can also use old fashion stuff from a real photocamera. With the stuff i mean the roll of film, you put in an old camera :) With that stuff you can make very good cones! If you're cones are ready, you must put a very little 2 comp. epoxy on the inside of the cones (on the bottom) Let it dry for a little moment, and then you must put the cones very carefully on the 25mm dome tweeters. But there's one important thing: The cones of my cutterhead are hollow, so don't fill them up with liquid rubber! You can also take a look on the side of Audio Tesla, because he knows a lot about cutterheads! Kind regards, Marc 8)

YES!!

Yes, ... will harm from one clever ... hehe.
Never fill the Cone inside with Sillicone! Causes a crash frequency and attenuates all heights sounds !! Without achieved fairly good results, but I am testing a few things out ... now I'll first lunch break ... hehe :mrgreen:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

marct

Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:17 am

Snug Music wrote:

very awesome! hey .. what drivers you have installed for the Souri-Head? Do you have a link to the tweeters ??
Cheers Scotty 8)
Hi Scotty,

a good friend mine who repaired my cutterhead used a tweeter from his own collection,

and i don't know what kind of tweeter it is (there's no name on it)

But it is important, that you use a titanium dome tweeter with neodym magnet and ferrofluide (80 watt/ 120 watt rms)

This afternoon, he's is coming to me and then we're gonna test the cutterhead.

I let you now what the results are!

Cheers, Marc

Snug Music

Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:53 am

marct wrote:
Snug Music wrote:

Cheers Scotty 8)
Hi Scotty,

a good friend mine who repaired my cutterhead used a tweeter from his own collection,

and i don't know what kind of tweeter it is (there's no name on it)

But it is important, that you use a titanium dome tweeter with neodym magnet and ferrofluide (80 watt/ 120 watt rms)

This afternoon, he's is coming to me and then we're gonna test the cutterhead.

I let you now what the results are!

Cheers, Marc
yeah,..thats cool... 8) :wink:

but...
Rear is a term with D6 it may be that it's the D6 series of Diamond Audio? Everything indicates! Marc, .. Can you ask him? or maybe a photo of the raw driver (tweeter)?
Cheers Scotty

Fatrecco

Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:54 pm

The Dome from the Boschmann Tweeters are plastic. And there is no screw thread atn the backside.

marct

Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:50 pm

We did it! We finally dit it!!!!! I was really desperete, when my tweeter was broken but thanks to you all (i mean all the good tips) And also thanks to my good dutch friends Tim and Ruud! My cutterhead is working again, and Ruud (Audio Tesla), repair the head and i did the research with Tim. I made a test cutting, with an old diamond stylus (because you'll never know what happens), but the first result is good! I must change some things on my studio mixer, but that's not a problem. Tell me what you think of this test cutting (it's Kylie Minoque) Cheers to you all, and kind regards! Marc 8) (the new tweeter has white silicone rubber)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snug Music

Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 pm

Yes cool ... sounds all right !! But a slight distortion I've heard yet ... hmm ... probably because of the adaptation ...
Yes, .. super Marc.
PS: ask RUDD times Whether you can obtain the Tweeter with him or which certain values that ... Gruss SCOTTY 8) :wink:

EpicenterBryan

Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Nice job on the repairs Marc.
It sounds very good!

Bryan

aaron

Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:59 pm

sakuszi

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:07 pm

marct wrote:We did it! We finally dit it!!!!! I was really desperete, when my tweeter was broken but thanks to you all (i mean all the good tips) And also thanks to my good dutch friends Tim and Ruud! My cutterhead is working again, and Ruud (Audio Tesla), repair the head and i did the research with Tim. I made a test cutting, with an old diamond stylus (because you'll never know what happens), but the first result is good! I must change some things on my studio mixer, but that's not a problem. Tell me what you think of this test cutting (it's Kylie Minoque) Cheers to you all, and kind regards! Marc 8) (the new tweeter has white silicone rubber)
very good ! on the oscillogram, it is apparent distortion sine wave, is a kind of overload, the sine wave is the keystone at the top, it may be because the track audio, or that the coil speaker touches, wipes a pole of the magnet, if you have a stethoscope a doctor that you can explore, hear touching the head stethoscope these magnet to the base of distortion may also be due to the efficiency, effectiveness electric speaker. You need to determine exactly what type of loudspeaker was used originally and the same install.
Generally speaking, the task is done, the end result has been achieved, the myth has been refuted! Good job !

EpicenterBryan

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:26 pm

I would like to say something about this whole thread.
I’m disgusted that Marc would have to resort to asking the LatheTrolls community to help him fix his Vinylrecorder head. I am shocked and appalled that one of Souri’s users would have to resort to this out of desperation, and would have to dissemble his head and try to fix it himself.

I have read many things about how Souri operates. I also have read about his attitude when someone buys a second hand unit and needs advice or repair.

I am thrilled that due to Souri’s attitude and lack of post sale customer service, details of his design are now public – because he didn’t help a user. I don’t know if this head really works as well as we might think anyway. I don’t care. Now everyone knows funny little details like the cute car tires, but I don’t think anyone has ever seen a response curve or details about channel separation anyway.

Just saying… Had Souri helped his customer; no details would have been exposed.
Now it’s just funny. What a ridiculous business model. Put some hub caps on that pig, and let’s see if it fly’s!

Silly Souri. Sad, silly Souri. Bad silly Souri. Bad, bad silly Souri.

ROLANDJAYS

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:42 pm

wow, sounds pretty good ,
great job !
:D

sakuszi

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:45 pm

ridiculous it may be, but it works pretty well, this German company is one person who does it in the garage, the internet is a few pictures of his work. this head
This patent copied Bachman

dimi751

Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:57 pm

Great job on the cutter head Marc and the Dutch friends well done I wish You happy cutting.

this would of been a interesting learning curve for Marc and now if the other tweeter blows no problemo
Easy fix for him

Hey Marc I didn't use silicon rubber on my tweeters
Just created a paper cone and stick it to the diaphragm

Bryan Sorry your discusted maybe Marc buy the t560 second hand this has no support from vr correct me if I'm wrong Marc.

Dimi

inspector77

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:54 am

Hi Marc congratulations!!!!

I'm amazed that two simple car speakers that cost 30$ in a head so simple, without "V spring", sound so good... :shock:
i´d like to listen how is the stereo separation of the channels...

Marc can you share that processes the audio signal pass before reaching the head?

regards

Snug Music

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:35 am

Hi there...

Marc,..great work!!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
I am very pleased that Marc's Vinylrecorder works again! It was in this Treat primarily about finding out everything, as Souri's head works. In order to assist in the future other owners of Vinylrecorder here who those obtained from Second Hand !!! Now the secret is out! And I agree with the statements made by Bryan. Yes, here you can see which cheap speakers, Vinylrecorder works! What I and probably Bryan still do not understand how the decoupling of the channels in this Souri head works. I would be interested synonymous times the response curves and the channel separation. :roll: But as I said Souri should be time to rethink business model and offer also the owners of a thrift Vinylrecorder Help!
The making Souri's just evil. :evil:
That makes me sad... :(

Greeting Scotty 8) :wink:

EMPHASER DOME TWEETER >>

http://www.acr.ch/uploads/media/ECP2400_2500_2600_DE_UK.pdf

dimi751

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:41 pm

Yeah i think it's amazing that it actually works with this configurations definitely stereo cutting that's for sure.

Hey Scotty I found some tweeters on aliexpress what do you think of these ??

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32234533082.html

Very cheap ?

Dimi

Snug Music

Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:38 pm

dimi751 wrote:Yeah i think it's amazing that it actually works with this configurations definitely stereo cutting that's for sure.

Hey Scotty I found some tweeters on aliexpress what do you think of these ??

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32234533082.html

Very cheap ?

Dimi
hey Dimi... :wink:
I do not know what kind of frequency response have. Although look good, .. but that has nothing to say.
but I make myself at times clever!
tell you know tomorrow!

Greeting Scotty 8) :wink: