Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Snug Music

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:52 pm

dimi751 wrote:Yeah i think it's amazing that it actually works with this configurations definitely stereo cutting that's for sure.

Hey Scotty I found some tweeters on aliexpress what do you think of these ??

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32234533082.html

Very cheap ?

Dimi
Hey Dimi,..

Here the spezifications,..
But i don't no its good or not?

I think it is... 8)
SpecificationsSupport Format MP3,Power DC 12V,Frequency Range (KHz) 80HZ-22HZ,Nominal Power (W) 130,Max Music Power (W) 133,Input Impedance (ohm) 4,V.C Size (mm) 5x5x2,Sensitivity (dB) 91,Cable Length (cm) 35cm,Color Black,Dimensions (cm) 5x5x2,Weight (g) 180,

Greetings Scotty 8) :wink:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:05 pm

dimi751 wrote:Yeah i think it's amazing that it actually works with this configurations definitely stereo cutting that's for sure.

Hey Scotty I found some tweeters on aliexpress what do you think of these ??

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32234533082.html

Very cheap ?

Dimi

Hey dimi,..
Look these...
That 's what marc have used for the VR repair,..
https://www.red-carparts.de/car-hifi-auto-lautsprecher/hochtoener/phonocar-hochtoener-tweeter-pro-tech-200w-2-419

Greetings Scotty
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:23 pm

I hope that i can help all users of second hand VR to repair with this...
I will do next time tests with this tweeters on my old 45/45 Cuttinghead and i let u now whats going on.

So,..now i must go sleep...
Stay tunned..best wishes...
Greetings Scotty 8) :wink:

sakuszi

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:52 am

the parameters of these speakers can be very overstated, mainly for electric power,
eg subwoofer with a power of 100 Watt has a coil of wire with a diameter of about 0, 3 mm tweeter with a power of 180 Watt [that gives a company producing Speakers] has a coil of wire about diameter 0, 07 mm, which is the power given by manufacturers It depends on how it is actually true physical. I read somewhere about speakers that their real electrical efficiency does not exceed a few percent, whereas for example the induction motor has an electrical efficiency of approximately 70%, toroidal transformer has an electrical efficiency of over 99, 9%. What exactly is the truth about the speakers? Has anyone thought about this? :?:

dimi751

Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:26 pm

No I have not thought about this

Soulbear

Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi sakuszi,
The points you make about loudspeaker efficiency are really quite interesting, they're about as efficient as a Steam Engine so not the best in terms of converting inputs to outputs eh?
A quick Sneaky Beaky on Wiki for a brief synopsis on Loudspeakers reveals
Typical home loudspeakers have sensitivities of about 85 to 95 dB for 1 W @ 1 m—an efficiency of 0.5–4%.
Sound reinforcement and public address loudspeakers have sensitivities of perhaps 95 to 102 dB for 1 W @ 1 m—an efficiency of 4–10%.
Rock concert, stadium PA, marine hailing, etc. speakers generally have higher sensitivities of 103 to 110 dB for 1 W @ 1 m—an efficiency of 10–20%.

Much more information can be found if you look at Loudspeakers on Wiki, and depending how deeply you wish to explore and delve into this, there exists a massive body of literature by the A.E.S and others in which more answers can be found. Though I must say Wiki is quite a user friendly explicator of some of the more abstruse elements pertaining to a great diversity of topics, and will usually guide you to more in-depth articles for further analysis. :wink: :P :D Soulbear

sakuszi

Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:37 pm

thanks teddy bear, that's what I was looking for and now it is at a glance! The conclusion is that the speakers are the worst commercial and consume electricity producing heat and should produce mechanical energy, if my reasoning is correct? Then how to increase the efficiency of such transducers? :?

marct

Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello everybody,

my vinylrecorder is working very good and i'm very happy with it!

A few hours ago, i cut a record from a good friend of mine and now it's on youtube.

I filmed my recordplayer, and record the sound to my pc.

Then i put everything together, so you hear the result of the vinylrecorder with it's new tweeter!

Cheers ;) Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPoe25qnuQ

dimi751

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:28 am

Good for you Marc !

It's a good feeling cutting a record !

Have fun and enjoy yourself.

Dimi

Snug Music

Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:57 pm

marct wrote:Hello everybody,

my vinylrecorder is working very good and i'm very happy with it!

A few hours ago, i cut a record from a good friend of mine and now it's on youtube.

I filmed my recordplayer, and record the sound to my pc.

Then i put everything together, so you hear the result of the vinylrecorder with it's new tweeter!

Cheers ;) Marc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSPoe25qnuQ
yeahh .. marc, which I am very pleased. I also made a few test and I must say they are really good drivers. a few distortions are still there, but hardly noticeable. wants to again read out the frequency response. will get back to you when I did it.
The main thing is only once that your VR is running again! 8) :wink:

Gruss Scotty :wink:

Snug Music

Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:11 am

This driver tweeter is great for t560 repair...

Greetings Scotty :wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dimi751

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi Marc

I want to buy these thanks to you and Scotty

https://www.red-carparts.de/car-hifi-auto-lautsprecher/hochtoener/phonocar-hochtoener-tweeter-pro-tech-200w-2-419

Is there any way you could post a picture of the tweeter back section where the magnet is ?

I just want to know if there is a screw hole inside the magnet this makes it easier to mount onto aluminium

I've decided to try making a cutter head from aluminium instead of abs 3D printed.

Cheers
Dimi

sakuszi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:27 am

my recorder, speakers for $ 2, playing six minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmOiEOH4oUY&feature=youtu.be

Snug Music

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:49 am

dimi751 wrote:Hi Marc

I want to buy these thanks to you and Scotty

Is there any way you could post a picture of the tweeter back section where the magnet is ?

I just want to know if there is a screw hole inside the magnet this makes it easier to mount onto aluminium

I've decided to try making a cutter head from aluminium instead of abs 3D printed.

Cheers
Dimi
Dimi,..
showing in my PDF EMPHASER there are the Tweeters ( Titanium ) whith Center-Swrew,..(original!)
otherwise u must make a little Centerwhole in the Magnets but better is, when u glued a fem-Srew on the magnet in backside with loctide ;)

greetings Scotty

Snug Music

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:55 am

sakuszi wrote:my recorder, speakers for $ 2, playing six minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmOiEOH4oUY&feature=youtu.be
hey Saku,..

don´t take a 2$ Speaker for VR.
buy a tweeter whith 100 / 200w Titan Tweeter (look at DIMI´s ) ;)
or take an EMPASER Titan Tweeter ( look at my PDF )

Regards SCOTTY 8) :wink:

sakuszi

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:03 am

I ordered these speakers from Germany, fly a plane across the ocean, the sea at the end of the week I'll have, and will head vinyl recorder 3, thanks very much for the support you Mr Snug Music
I have problems with the network, hum through the line, there was no grounding and a terrible noise, please listen to this [if it can be compared at all to hear ....] :cry:
https://youtu.be/FnuA14bBRJ4

Snug Music

Wed Jan 20, 2016 12:22 pm

sakuszi wrote:I ordered these speakers from Germany, fly a plane across the ocean, the sea at the end of the week I'll have, and will head vinyl recorder 3, thanks very much for the support you Mr Snug Music
I have problems with the network, hum through the line, there was no grounding and a terrible noise, please listen to this [if it can be compared at all to hear ....] :cry:

hey Saku...

Humming noise made by the network. (Grounding). Did you listen to other problems? :shock:
Noise? Where does the noise? Have you checked your settings? Counterwight ect.? What is your loading weight? Have you considered your Stylus ever under the Microskop? Take a photo! Can you make times a photo of the grooves? :roll:

Greeting Scotty 8) :wink:

sakuszi

Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:02 am

Snug Music wrote:
sakuszi wrote:I ordered these speakers from Germany, fly a plane across the ocean, the sea at the end of the week I'll have, and will head vinyl recorder 3, thanks very much for the support you Mr Snug Music

hey Saku...

Humming noise made by the network. (Grounding). Did you listen to other problems? :shock:
Noise? Where does the noise? Have you checked your settings? Counterwight ect.? What is your loading weight? Have you considered your Stylus ever under the Microskop? Take a photo! Can you make times a photo of the grooves? :roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgvZq96Wxs&feature=youtu.be

Ich mag die Deutschen! Vielen Dank für Ihre Unterstützung, ich freue mich auf die nächste!
Der Film ist in Ihrer Sprache! Super!
Ich griff nach 12kHz! Motorgeräusch sehr groß, aber es war die japanische Geräte [hart für mich, es zuzugeben, ....] Motor kleines Bier!
Es gibt 12 kHz, und es ist üblich Leistung. Nochmals vielen Dank! Saku :mrgreen:
Ich lade Sie hier wieder, ohne Ende :D

Snug Music

Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:40 pm

sakuszi wrote:
Snug Music wrote:

hey Saku...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgvZq96Wxs&feature=youtu.be

Ich mag die Deutschen! Vielen Dank für Ihre Unterstützung, ich freue mich auf die nächste!
Der Film ist in Ihrer Sprache! Super!
Ich griff nach 12kHz! Motorgeräusch sehr groß, aber es war die japanische Geräte [hart für mich, es zuzugeben, ....] Motor kleines Bier!
Es gibt 12 kHz, und es ist üblich Leistung. Nochmals vielen Dank! Saku :mrgreen:
Ich lade Sie hier wieder, ohne Ende :D

hey Saku... ;)

Yes, so the hum came from the engine!
the distortions come perhaps from your settings or the drivers!
Greeting Scotty

PS: yes .. and I like Japan ... This year, I want as well take a vacation!
and yes! I'm a fan trekkie (star trek!) comes also my nickname Scotty ... (because I always come up with something in no way out seeds!) hehee .... smile :mrgreen: