Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

sakuszi

Re: Who can help me with my VR T560 cutterhead?

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:28 pm

I do not have time at the moment to take in doing metal with wood all [even the motor turnt ] :mrgreen: , tell me how this chip comes out, do not turn in the spring? :)
chips do not twist? :|
Snug M. One more thing, you did better than the heads "master" Souri :) Souri went the easy way ... 8)

Snug Music

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:39 pm

sakuszi wrote:I do not have time at the moment to take in doing metal with wood all [even the motor turnt ] :mrgreen: , tell me how this chip comes out, do not turn in the spring? :)
chips do not twist? :|

here comes the extracted span,
20160402_013206.jpg
after which the suction line leads to the lower chamber, where the pump is.
20160402_013229.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

Snug Music

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:50 pm

sakuszi wrote: Snug M. One more thing, you did better than the heads "master" Souri :) Souri went the easy way ... 8)

I will bring with the cutting head Sonically good music on the plate and not MP3 digital shit.
Sorry for the last expression :oops: ... hehee :mrgreen:
I'm still not a professional, but I learn pretty fast. especially with my eyes and ears!

sakuszi

Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:55 pm

just , pump with a vacuum cleaner, the engine a high-Hitachi 30k / min 24V 100W [the drill] quite strong
I fall, I have to the company ...
BR :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Snug Music

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:01 pm

sakuszi wrote:just , pump with a vacuum cleaner, the engine a high-Hitachi 30k / min 24V 100W [the drill] quite strong
I fall, I have to the company ...
BR :)

yeah .. great!
so sakuszi, for me is now working circuit.
I'll go home now.
Tomorrow we continue ..
Good night.. 8) :wink:

Scotty

mischmerz

Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:00 pm

Ok. I guess I have to dive in to build my own cutter head. You have done great work. Thank you very much. However - is there a consensus as to what tweeters are the best to use? And - I couldn't quite figure it: Are those cones to be filled with silicone .. or left empty ?

Michaela

Snug Music

Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:48 am

mischmerz wrote:Ok. I guess I have to dive in to build my own cutter head. You have done great work. Thank you very much. However - is there a consensus as to what tweeters are the best to use? And - I couldn't quite figure it: Are those cones to be filled with silicone .. or left empty ?

Michaela

good morning Michaela, sunny greetings from west-germany! Yes, there are significant differences in the car tweeter, I have now tested several tweeter. the best are ECT TWEETER (Esp), unfortunately very expensive. Alternatively, my new tweeter are the "neo Sinuslive s25" make good power. the cone 26.83mm diameter and 20, 0mm height, are in my paper, reinforced with superglue and later with 2k, epoxy resin-coated and made endfest. this cone, are hollow inside !!! If you need help, write to me!

love greeting Scotty 8)

mischmerz

Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:52 am

Good morning Scptty .. sunny greetings from the Texas Gulf coast. I was following the discussing very closely as I would very much like to go "Stereo" and it seems that it shouldn't be too complicated to follow what you guys tried and built. Thanks for sharing. This thread is the very spirit of a "Troll Society" sharing and spreading knowledge. BTW: I am (West-) German too. Though the winds of opportunity and fate blew me over here :)

So - hollow cones. That should be doable. ECT tweeters seem to be a European thing. Where did you buy 'em?

Michaela

Snug Music

Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:16 am

mischmerz wrote:Good morning Scptty .. ECT tweeters seem to be a European thing. Where did you buy 'em?

Michaela
here is it...

http://www.emphaser.com/pdf/ECP26-G5_AH_1-2010_02.pdf
but i have also tried, the DIAMOND AUDIO D6 Tweeter... thats marked on the backside ( D6 ) on original Souri-VR"Tweeter!!!
i´m not tested jet, but in the next days, i will do it!
stay tuned...;)

Scotty 8) :wink:

Snug Music

Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:02 pm

new Cut with new Head

Hey guys,...
here's a new cut from me.
This cut was carried out with the new cutter-head and the new drivers (Car Tweeter Sinuslive NEO 25s). I want you clarify hereby what quality makes the head in the stereo field. And how these drivers make in the heights.
This cut was made on polystyrene "without Preheat" and only aspirate. Than again Recorded linear with wavLab. Unfortunately, smaller (short) distortion to hear, which occurred due to the small depth of cut. :roll:
Hope, however, that her so something can begin!
here is it...
TestCut_stereofield_New Head.mp3
Best regards...

sakuszi

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:07 pm

nice :shock: ! good sound! but the speakers can withstand 0 dB 1kHz? They are not expensive $ 15, I need to test these speakers sound really good! What gave fuses? 1A? will be OK ? :roll:

Snug Music

Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:46 pm

sakuszi wrote:nice :shock: ! good sound! but the speakers can withstand 0 dB 1kHz? They are not expensive $ 15, I need to test these speakers sound really good! What gave fuses? 1A? will be OK ? :roll:

yes, making 0 dBu / 1000Hz, the fuse is 850mA!

Thelurker

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:43 pm

Hey Scott

Sounds good, so on the Sinuslive tweeters, did you have to harden the domes? As they are silk?

EpicenterBryan

Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:58 pm

Snug Music wrote:I want you clarify hereby what quality makes the head in the stereo field. And how these drivers make in the heights.
Awesome results Scotty!

Snug Music

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 am

Thelurker wrote:Hey Scott

Sounds good, so on the Sinuslive tweeters, did you have to harden the domes? As they are silk?
hey people,...

so sometimes just for explanation!
There are silk-dome tweeter. (Sinuslive Neo 25s)
The cones are made of paper and completely glued with superglue and thus reinforced. These remain hollow inside and are completely coated after drying again with 2K epoxy resin. Then, just over 12 hours. Allow to dry !!!
The silk-dome must "NOT !!!" be reinforced by adhesive, this would adversely affect the resonant frequency !!!
The cone may "ONLY" on the edge where the coil sits pasted.
Here is plenty of facilities, it may fall to the suspension nothing !!!
The cone must be completely mounted centrally! So, accurate work is a top priority here!
Manufactures you best a tool for centering the cone on, just as I have done it. The rods are made of brass (1,2mm) and may only 2,0mm be stuck in the cone. The restraints which virtually replaces the torque tube, also consist of 1.2mm brass.
These are glued with 2k Epoxy resin on the support cone and stuck in the middle between Stylus Holder and tweeter Cone!
When everything is ready, let it dry, at least 12 hours!
Remember, it must be seated everything perfect !!!
That's all! To Calibrate the cutting head, I used 2 equalizer and a measurement program. Starting with pink noise (-10 dB) everything to zero, and see what is the curve on the measurement program!
Adjusts according to the flat curve !!
That's all!

best regards..

Soulbear

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:00 am

Hi Scotty,
I've followed this thread with great interest, and I've been both fascinated and mighty impressed by the fantastic progress and sterling results made by yourself, and all the other contributors on this most inspiring journey of discovery. I particularly liked the insights given on the use of Ultra Lightweight Cones to deliver the signal from the Transducers to the Stylus Holder, a method originally championed many moons ago by Markrob I believe. Could I prevail upon your kindness and request of you, some close-up photographs of the underside of the Cutterhead, in particular, a view of the mounting/connection arrangements for the stabilising link wire/rods/torque tube substitute? I think this would make it much easier for other would-be DIY Cutterhead builders (Possibly including my goodself Te He) in their attempts to emulate your terrific achievements. Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear

Snug Music

Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:22 am

Soulbear wrote:Hi Scotty,
I've followed this thread with great interest, and I've been both fascinated and mighty impressed by the fantastic progress and sterling results made by yourself, and all the other contributors on this most inspiring journey of discovery. I particularly liked the insights given on the use of Ultra Lightweight Cones to deliver the signal from the Transducers to the Stylus Holder, a method originally championed many moons ago by Markrob I believe. Could I prevail upon your kindness and request of you, some close-up photographs of the underside of the Cutterhead, in particular, a view of the mounting/connection arrangements for the stabilising link wire/rods/torque tube substitute? I think this would make it much easier for other would-be DIY Cutterhead builders (Possibly including my goodself Te He) in their attempts to emulate your terrific achievements. Thanking you in anticipation. Best Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear
Hey Soul Bear, ..
Thank you for your nice words!
I give my best efforts, my experiences ... (and I'm still not so long here, .. actually I'm just musician and electronics hobbyists and have dealt at the University much with the theme music recordings!) ... Here share and pass on.
I got much help assortments of my former lecturers to get the best results out! (Thanks to this set up my former professors!) ... Hehee ...
Yes Soul Bear, I make you equal to a few close-ups of the cutting head!
Soul Bear, .. I'm so glad that there are people like you and the other (useful!) trolls! Thank you all! And a really special thanks goes of course to Bryan (it is fun to watch him at work! Really Impressive! ... Thank Bryan !!!)
so .. now I make time a few pictures!
best regards..
Scotty

Snug Music

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 pm

here is it... :wink:
20160404_113104.jpg
20160404_113120.jpg

Snug Music

Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:32 pm

And the span... :mrgreen:
20160404_113617.jpg
20160404_113728.jpg
And now..i hanging on the needle... :roll: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
20160321_114801.jpg

mischmerz

Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 pm

Wundervoll Scotty. Einfach super.

Michaela