OPCODE 1-E Mono Cutterhead (Presto 1-D Clone)

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

opcode66

Re: OPCODE 1-E Mono Cutterhead (Presto 1-D Clone)

Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:37 am

Ok... Last post here that isn't related to my Advanced Mono Cutterhead. But, I wanted to share, and I don't have time to edit a lengthy build video about my motor right now. So, I'm posting this here. The next post should be a new thread that is specific to the motor.

I've now refined the design for my BLDC Direct Drive Closed Loop Platter Motor called Scooty Turn Jr. I've built a second functioning motor and this one is working better than the first. I've mounted to the lathe I'm developing. Currently it sits high up off the plinth. That will be resolved in a day or so when I cut a new hole in the plinth. I also created a second version of my tonearm, assembled it, and mounted it to the lathe. The video below shows the motor I designed, engineered, and fabricated running at 33 RPM, speed regulated via an Arduino board/Hall Sensors/custom algorithm, playing a record I wrote/mastered/cut master lacquers for on a tonearm I designed, engineered and fabricated. Essentially, I made everything you see except the metal platter and the box/plinth.

Lots, lots, lots more to be shown this week in new threads!!!!!
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

opcode66

Re: Training at Magnetic Fidelity in Greece

Thu Oct 17, 2019 4:40 am

And, if anyone needs anything on this side of the Atlantic.... I can engineer a solution to any problem. Happy to contract for any lathe related requirement.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio