1C cutter head

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TonyD

1C cutter head

Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:31 am

Hey guys, so I ordered a 1C cutter head to go with my K8 and it's wound for 500ohms. I know I should probably get it rewound for 8 ohms but right now I'd like to try and keep it at original specs. With that I know there's a way to hook up a transformer going from 8 to 500. I however am not sure how to exactly hook that up. So my question is how powerful of a modern amp would I need? Besides a fuse is there anything else I need to run in-between the transformer and head? And does the transformer just plug into the audio output where speakers are normally plugged in? Sorry for all of the questions Ive only been making records for a few months and still have so many questions but would like to know as many variables as I can. Thank you for your time and I hope someone can she'd some light on this for me

opcode66

Re: 1C cutter head

Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 pm

I can rebuild it to 8 ohms. My work is exactly comparable to original factory work.

These were all crusty, dirty and non functional when they arrived. This is how they looked after rebuilding.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

symatic

Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:44 am

todd sorted my 5C head out! the guy really knows his stuff!

rubenr

Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:28 pm

my best antwort is... talk about whit todd.
In this moment i thing can help you about all. :)
enjoy !