Hara HF-200 Idler wheel repair

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Hara HF-200 Idler wheel repair

Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:45 pm

Hello Everybody,

I recently acquired a Hara HF-200 and while I'm relieved and happy that it rotates, head tracks and audio is AOK. It had a "thump, thump" in the rotation.
11ce263.png
So I removed the head assembly and pulled the platter to find the idler wheel has a flat spot on it. About 2mm long and .5mm deep along with a very slight flat spot on the opposing side. Here are some pics.
Idler-02.jpg
Idler-01.jpg
My instinct is to setup on a rotation and grind/sand off till flat, but I want to have it properly repaired (I only have one). Actually I'd like to buy a couple extras for any future problems.

So any recommendations? Is there an Idler wheel rebuilder out there? This wheel rubber is 40 or so years old, I think its time for a new tire... :shock:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

emorritt

Re: Hara HF-200 Idler wheel repair

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:45 am

terrysrubberrollers.com he does excellent work; just have it re-buit. He's not taking orders at the moment because of the coronavirus, but hopefully will soon. If you try sanding/grinding you will change the diameter and hence the speed of the turntable.

EposLab

Re: Hara HF-200 Idler wheel repair

Wed Nov 04, 2020 7:58 am

I have the same problem with the idler wheel of its smaller brother (hara m180). I have send it to Jesus @agnewanalog for repair! I will let you know what about!
Epos Laboratory Phono Cartridge Retip & Lathe Cuts
http:\\www.eposlab.gr
info@eposlab.gr
IG EposLab (https://www.instagram.com/eposlab/?hl=en)