Advice ?? Mounting Turntable to base (T560)

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Naboo

Advice ?? Mounting Turntable to base (T560)

Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:50 am

Hey :)

Finally got nice cutting heads built... now getting parts ready for a base & overhead build and want to check how the VR T560 mounts the Technics to the base if anyone can show me please ?

I'm getting a Technics SP-15 and going to make a chunky MDF/ply sandwiched plinth for it, and for the overhead will make an aluminium base similar to Souri's...
Wandering do you change the SL-1200's feet for different ones he provides and it bolts to the base ?? do the base's feet also both through into the SL-1200's feet ??

Hoping to come up with a nice design that provides good isolation

Thanks in advance
B

soeffingodly

Re: Advice ?? Mounting Turntable to base (T560)

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:27 am

The T560 has feet just like the plastic ones but they screw onto the base plate. Then you remove the plastic feet and place the 1200 on top and it slides into the foot slots.

I wouldn't necessarily use that blueprint if you plan on using something like an SP-10 or SP-15 though. I just have my SP-15 propped up without it using the feet since the T560 was built specifically for use with a 1200 and the plinths are different. (And I am not using a plinth...)
560.jpg
2 of the feet in the back are covered by paper towels because I was oiling the overhead on that day.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by soeffingodly on Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."

soeffingodly

Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:30 am

I'd look into building something like this: (He's using an SP-10)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdhGW7BAoKQ
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."

Naboo

Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:48 am

Ah nice, thanks for sending that pic. makes perfect sense

Think you're right, like in the video might be a better option. was going to build the plinth with legs, then on a base with it's own legs.
Might as well go with a chunkier plinth and attach it straight to the alloy base :)

Cheers