Lacquer Disk Making

Anything goes! Inventors! Artists! Cutting edge solutions to old problems. But also non-commercial usage of record cutting. Cost- effective, cost-ineffective, nutso, brilliant, terribly fabulous and sometimes fabulously terrible ideas.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Operation_Ryan

Lacquer Disk Making

Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Hi!

I'm taking a crack at this problem of making lacquer disks in the wake of the Apollo fire. So I've been reading this forum (of course), reading technical documents, researching test methods and technical standards and all that stuff. But that's starting to show some limits. In theory, theory is enough; in practice, you need practice. This means that the big thing that I need to get rolling on this is samples. Old, discarded, used, messed up, doesn't matter. I just need to get my hands on samples. I've poked around a bit on the internet, but it seems that even the old discards are hard to come by these days.

Anyone have some they're willing to part with?
Anyone have suggestions on where I can find some?

Thanks in advance!

boryo

Re: Lacquer Disk Making

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:09 am

I have one laquer disk that is tested on one side and the other is not used but its out of any protection but I think will does the job for you. Where are you lokated? I'm in Europe.