"Turntables Forum"? yes. "Playback!"

Turntables, tonearms, preamps, amps, cables, monitor speakers. What do you use to play back your one-off dubplates or pressed records? (related topics, too.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

"Turntables Forum"? yes. "Playback!"

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Someone pointed out recently that the "Handcrankers" section is under-utilized. This is true. I'm wondering if I shouldn't just turn that section into a discussion forum about turntables in general.

Granted, there are probably other forums all over the place that cover this issue. But it would be interesting to get a take on what RECORD CUTTERS want in terms of playback systems.

Alternately, and maybe even a better idea, it could be about monitor systems in general: turntables, tonearms, playback preamps, speakers, cables, styli.

I have a vested interest in such discussions as I want to upgrade my system for the sake of monitoring my cuts, as well as for transcribing discs, hopefully for some occasional added income.

What thinks the crew? Proposed titles?

EDIT: Here it is, but I have left the old Handcranker's forum alone for now.
Last edited by Steve E. on Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mossboss

Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:53 pm

In my view it should be called Lathe Cut records or One off records
Sub equipment lathes turntables amps etc
We have an ongoing demand and requests for that all the time
Cheers
Chris

ArchaicRecords

Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:12 pm

I would like to see more experimentation done in making new different kinds of record players, reverse-engineering old ones, recreating those, and making new designs. The bicycle record players are a good start. It would be nice if more "vinyl killer" soundwagons could be produced and if they could be made more cheaply, or with better sound. I'd like to see someone design a player that could be made with a maker-bot - like, "print" a record player!
archaicrecords.com