Any fun RSD releases?

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

displacedsnail

Any fun RSD releases?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:23 pm

Hello fellow trolls,

Is anyone putting out anything fun today for Record Store Day (or, as we call it here at Displaced Snail, Record Snail Day)? I've had a hectic day making releases materialize out of thin air, and I'm exhausted, but I pulled off a good spread! Today, I released:

- Basement Blenders by Joe Jack Talcum (The Dead Milkmen) & Chris Oliver on black 6" disc
- How much would it change? by Icelandic art pop artist K.óla on clear 7" square
- unfuck the world by Philadelphia noise group assholeknife on clear 7" square
- Obsidian Cliff EP by M.Krebs (members of Murder City Devils and Deep Creep) on clear 10" disc - my first ever 45 rpm record!

It's been a lot of fun to release so much on one day, and i've written a lot of emails and social media posts, haha. My studio is really sweaty and stinky with lathe motor heat and lighter fluid fumes, good thing it's so nice outside today :mrgreen:

How about you all, any plans? I don't know how many of you trolls are running labels out there, let's see 'em.

- Joe
Displaced Snail Quality DIY Zines & Records
displacedsnail.com
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jccc

Re: Any fun RSD releases?

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 pm

a3028301539_16.jpg
I put out a small run project of a 7" Skipless scratch record and C50 Cassette tape called "Phono Tones"

Phono Tones was composed using One Technics SL1200 MK2, Vestax PMC-05 Pro II, Various Records, a small Eurorack setup which contains ,4MS Dual Looping Delay,NLC Hyperchaos Deluxe, NLC Dual VCO, Intellijel X-Fade Instro Uclouds and Diy CV scratch platter.

Limited to only 12 copies. The C50 glitter tape comes with a homemade 7" scratch record and Digital Download code of the Whole album (22 Audio Tracks).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

displacedsnail

Re: Any fun RSD releases?

Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:58 am

Hey @Jccc, that's a really beautiful package! Love the color scheme of purple-white-glitter.