Got a Soundscriber!

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cementimental

Got a Soundscriber!

Thu May 18, 2006 3:06 pm

Got my Soundscriber Dictaphone off ebay!

It's a portable one, much smaller than i expected! :) records TINY disks about the size of the label of a normal record! :) I'll post decent pics and also no doubt many questions about getting it working soon....

It's a really surreal piece of equipment, hard to believe it was once a high-tech office apparatus... parrallel universe technology. It looks like the sort of thing the protagonist in a Philip K Dick novel would be a salesman of. :)

It takes some kind of huge + probably obsolete batteries but nothing a couple of croc clip leads won't solve... 6V apparently so probably will just run off a power supply...

Seems mechanically OK, rubber drive wheel isn't perished + nothing looks broken, so hopefully i'll get it up + running soon.

It has various sockets which I should be able to figure out meaning of, but I don't think there's a line in, just a hardwired mic, so I may have to do a little hacking to record my own noise/music beyond just holding the mic up to a speaker etc...

2 of the sockets seem to be for the battery tester and/or level meter in the lid?? strange device.

More soon!