Lurkers' thread. Say hi once, OK?

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

sbc8

Re: Lurkers' thread. Say hi once, OK?

Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:41 am

Hi, I'm Sergi from Barcelona.

I'm here to learn from all of you.

Gretteings, and nice to meet you.

thmsdf

Tue Jan 03, 2023 6:52 am

Hi everyone, first post here !

I'm 34, in Paris, France. I am a freelance sound engineer and producer, been in the game since my 20s, and huge analog fan and user, records but also tape and cassettes.

Most of my gear is DIY or modded : preamps, mics, EQs, dynamics, amps, FXs, and I've even built a couple of electric guitars from scratch.
I've been toying with the idea of building up a record cutter and I am still in the process of reading stuff online.

I don't know if I should start from scratch like building and audiophile turntable from concrete and steel (I know a metal genius around here with a milling lathe) or if I should get myself a DJ turntable... I'll keep on reading, and maybe I'll ask some questions.
At first I thought that a mono lofi Gakken-esque cutter would be pretty funny but on the other head a decent quality stereo one could really be beneficial to my actual job.

I am bit on the cheap because well music industry :) An old RekoKut or Presto could be cool, too. So many options:)

Cheers

thomas

fleshbled805

Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:10 pm

it's Mr. Webb, checking in... still researching and learning as I go.

skidder

Tue Aug 01, 2023 1:02 am

Hello fellow lurkers. It’s tuff coming in from Perth as I’m always in the future but trolls is a treasure not to be sidestepped.

Always appreciated, always needed…

Cheers, skidder