Deep Grooves Mastering - Harting 14 Pin Connector Clone

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

opcode66

Deep Grooves Mastering - Harting 14 Pin Connector Clone

Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:13 am

I've successfully cloned the Harting 14 Pin Connector (both male and female). These clones use D-Sub Push-In style Pins and Sockets. Screwed together with guide pins. These connectors are completely compatible with the original Harting connectors. These are the same connectors used with the Neumann SX68 and SX74 cutterheads. I will be using the female connectors to create cutterhead equivalents.

3D designed and printed by me. For sale now at http://www.deepgroovesmastering.com
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

ejemmons

Re: Deep Grooves Mastering - Harting 14 Pin Connector Clone

Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:11 pm

Very bloody NICE! Great work! You rock....
Scully "500" with Westrex 3DIIa,
RA-1574E amps.

opcode66

Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:00 pm

I appreciate the kind words. Thank you. SAL74 and VG74 Cutterhead Equivalents are next. Hoping to have a working beta by the end of the month!

Other neat projects that will be completed by the end of the year include: anti-static diamonds, bldc motor line (small, medium and lyrec replacement).

Early 2015 I should be nearing completion of an all speed, all diameter digitally controlled PS programmer system.

And, every now and then I roll coils. I am getting pretty good at it. I could re-coil most all mono heads now.
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones

emidisc

Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Sounds very good .....what about saddle coils :?:

opcode66

Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:11 pm

I am unable to make a saddle coil at the present time. I'm more focused on the flat drive coils and the "special" feedback coils of the SX74 cutterhead.

jjgolden

Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Thanks Todd! Keep up the good work.

Fela Borbone

Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:29 am

Hi,
Saddle coils are not complicated at all, if compared to a moving coil system.It has to be wounded round and then bended to its final shape.A little trial and error is needed here to find the rigth radius.If there´s a feedback coil(flux, not motion) it can be wounded first, and then the drive. They can be kept together with sewing thread to avoid a mess.Is important to immerse the coil(s) in varnish to keep the shape, the coils have tendency to shrink when current is applyed, and whitin the head there's important magnetic fields that also can move the coil, resting force to the iron movement,and other unwanted self induced effects.

BTW, your projects are great and promising!, thanks Opcode!

opcode66

Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:00 pm

Thanks for the information. What I should have said was that I am unable to take on another project at the moment. Never tried to make a saddle coil. Any coil work I've been doing has been on winding coils similar to SX coils. I've also been working on making things to test, measure and verify the magnetic field generated by a coil. A 3d magnetic imaging system.