Just got a Presto.....(please help)

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

MALOS

Just got a Presto.....(please help)

Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Hey y'all

I just bought a Presto lathe (turntable only) and wish to build it up in to a fine little machine, correct me if I'm wrong but what else do I need, I know I need a cutting arm, amp, and cutting head. Any thing I'm missing?? Oh I also have to build my own base for it so if anybody else out there has any experience with that please give me a shout.
WINTAGE RECORDS & TAPES
1530 QUEEN ST W C-3
TORONTO, ON.
M6R 1A6
CANADA

harper

Re: Just got a Presto.....(please help)

Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:19 pm

MALOS wrote: I know I need a cutting arm, amp, and cutting head. Oh I also have to build my own base for it so if anybody else out there has any experience with that please give me a shout.
FIrst off whats the model # of the presto? If you have no cutting arm/overhead, amp, cutting head or base.... is what you have just the turntable platter and motor??

Yes youll need a cutting head, an amp to power it and a way to move the cutter accross the record.

MALOS

Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:52 am

yes the plater and the motor...type T-16 is below the Presto logo....can I buy a cutting arm from another company or should I stick with Presto?
WINTAGE RECORDS & TAPES
1530 QUEEN ST W C-3
TORONTO, ON.
M6R 1A6
CANADA