Kingston vs. Vinylrecorder

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Hamilton

Feedback is realy the solution ????

Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:58 pm

Hi everybody.
:D I`m happy to find people trying to do the Best to get a good Cut.
I`m from Argentina and I began realy from the beginning,at first with a Rek-o-Kut simply overhead with an Audax Head then I got a Presto one with a refurbished iron system and now I`m cutting with a Grampian and a Westrex 3C Stereo Head,just to let know the Grampian cutters in my experience I can tell as I read before that the feeback is not the final solution in the case of Grampian a good test is to find the Eq through the
feedback coil just putting Headphones and listen what sound the feedback coil is driving and making the properly corrections with the EQ and take care about bass put down and then will play amazing.
Take a look at my little Studio.
www.hamiltonrecords.com.ar

Happy to join the Group.
Claudio.

motorino

Tue Sep 19, 2006 11:00 am

Bienvenido Claudio!!

ya le heché un vistazo a tu web, estudio pequeño.. pero maton!

saludos desde España
Marcos

Hamilton

Motorino.

Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:01 pm

:oops: Te mano un cordial saludo desde Argentina donde todo es tan complicado pero el amor al Vinilo lo supera todo,hay algunos cortes mios en España con gente realmente muy respetuosa al menos con mi persona.

Saludos.

Claudio.
Hamiltonrecords®

Internet

Re: Vinyl Recorder

Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:42 pm

Dub Studio wrote:
and if you really wanted to add a feedback system you could, PM me for details.
Hmm interesting... did you add your own feedback?

Let's explain to us please.

Dub Studio

Re: Vinyl Recorder

Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:56 am

mysterious cutter wrote:
Dub Studio wrote:
and if you really wanted to add a feedback system you could, PM me for details.
Hmm interesting... did you add your own feedback?

Let's explain to us please.
No, I am quite happy with the system as it is, but the feedback system is based on the principal of negative feedback so I reckon it would just be a case of applying this principal. Since writing this, an option has been added to the vinylrecorder for feedback, see the website for details.

Devil

Sun Feb 11, 2007 5:02 pm

Hombre Claudio!
Que bueno dar con alguien de habla hispanica ... he visto el estudio, buenas cositas tienen que salir de ahí ... por cierto: Que tipo de máquina o marca es la que utilizas??? :lol:
Un saludote desde Ibixa!!!

Hamilton

Grabacion de Vinilos.

Fri May 04, 2007 7:22 pm

:D Voy despues de estar descolgado algun tiempo con los que hablamos Castellano,hace 6 años que empece con el tema de la grabacion de vinilos,cuando piden experiencia la mia fue de empezar desde lo mas rustico que fue un REK O KUT overhead con una cabeza Audax pasando a una Presto mejorada una Gramphian despues un Westrex 3C hasta que llegue en la actualidad a una SC-99 de Vinylium,les puedo decir con experiencia que creo que la tengo que de todas las Cabezas en Mono me quedo con la Gramphian que tiene una respuesta de bajos impresionante,es obvio que lleva un tiempo lograr la RIIA y la EQ que lleva pero el resultado es opimo y en Estereo la SC-99 es una Cabeza con un rango dinamico muy importante y un sonido limpio y equilibrado
siempre que este acompañado de su Amp,en algun mmento pondre a la venta algunas Cabezas de Corte pero esto sera para otra historia.

Saludos.
Claudio.
Hamiltonrecords®

dubs

Re: Feedback is realy the solution ????

Tue May 08, 2007 10:20 am

Hamilton wrote:Hi everybody.
I`m from Argentina and I began realy from the beginning,at first with a Rek-o-Kut simply overhead with an Audax Head then I got a Presto one with a refurbished iron system and now I`m cutting with a Grampian and a Westrex 3C Stereo Head,just to let know the Grampian cutters in my experience I can tell as I read before that the feeback is not the final solution in the case of Grampian a good test is to find the Eq through the
feedback coil just putting Headphones and listen what sound the feedback coil is driving and making the properly corrections with the EQ and take care about bass put down and then will play amazing.

Happy to join the Group.
Claudio.
nice.
are you cutting acetate or pvc with this setup?

motorino

Re: Feedback is realy the solution ????

Tue May 08, 2007 3:40 pm

dubs wrote:
Hamilton wrote:Hi everybody.

Happy to join the Group.
Claudio.
nice.
are you cutting acetate or pvc with this setup?
dubs :roll: ?

Muy bien Claudio, me alegro por ti! creo que te pasará lo mismo que a mí cuendo estuve en Soluthurn viendo Vinylium y probando el Kingston, una sensación alucinante, grabando directamente de un cd sin compresion ni limitacion de esser.....su sonido....increible

yo he tenido un vestax vrx2000 y un vinylrecorder y creeme, no se acercan ni a la suela del zapato a un kingston, es la diferencia entre un equipo domestico y uno profesional

mi vida laboral a dado un giro muy grande, ya no funcionan mis direcciones de correo anteriores, prometo escribirte pronto y te cuento como va todo

saludos y abrazos!
Last edited by motorino on Tue May 08, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcos

dubs

Tue May 08, 2007 3:51 pm

???

Hamilton

KEEP THE VINYL ALIVE

Tue May 08, 2007 10:57 pm

:D Dear Motorino,me parece que nos conviene escribir en Ingles,in my previous note I explained my experiences about differents cuts I made during the past 6 years using differents cutting system obviuously with the
pioneer Heads like Audax,Presto,Westrex, and others that came installed on the prewar overheads,and the best Mono cut i tested making real good and loud cuts was the Grampian with a great supper bass frecuency
think I reached to give almost 2 Volts AC to coils during 40 minutes and
was still cold,now i make a big step in cutting system I got a Vinylium set up and in my short experience I just can say that they got a realy smooth sound with a wide range of frecuencies allways using the Amp system provided by them and with no more devices just a couple of eq and another stuff the sound is great now I realised that there s a little war between PVC or Laquers,I cut Apollo Reference Lites laquers good for scrath no, but I heard many that cuts PVC and have many surface noise problems are better for scratch I think that could be,but what is the History for Us just keep Vinyl ALIVE !!!!!!! guys give each other ouer experinces to let other Vinyl lovers begin this amazing History.

Greetings from Argentina.

Claudio.
Hamiltonrecords®

JayDC

Sat May 12, 2007 5:08 am

I love the apollo lite's... They are nice, although I do notice a bit of a different sound, compared to dubplate laquers...

Dubplates sound better at first, but degrade quicker..

dubs

Sat May 12, 2007 7:18 am

whats the approx life of the apollo lites...much longer than dubplate laquers?

Hamilton

Sat May 12, 2007 9:40 am

:D Hi,I`ve been an Apollo customer during the past six years before the Lites appears so my fist cutting steps were made with dubs,for me assuming that the coat is the same I don`t find any difference in sound but the Lite weight similar to common vinyl is great ,and for me and for many DJ that played my records the playing life is longer.

Regards.
Hamilton

dubs

Sat May 12, 2007 11:23 am

cool. how many plays would we be talking...50....less?

JayDC

Sat May 12, 2007 1:58 pm

I think the lites have a harder coating.. Thats why the sound is a bit different. I noticed with a dub, on the first 5 plays the sound is very punchy. I can visualize the needle punching throught the paint, when I listen.

The punch isn't as noticable on the Lite's, the sound is a bit harsher, but once again its a trade off, and most people won't even notice..

Hamilton

Sat May 12, 2007 5:33 pm

:D Dub,we can talk in plays in different ways if we use a Lite from the beginnig to the end of the LP assuming the correct cartridge ej. Stanton 680/500 Pickering and with 2.00/2.50grs i think that we could reach 100 plays NO SCRATCH if we play with Concorde type cause the angle attack of stylus less than 50,I scratched with a Stanton 680EL a Lite like searching a point of music many times and i didn`t listen noise,we all know the limitation of the Laquers otherwise we have to put a Press plant and this conversation is History. :? :arrow: :arrow: :P

Regards.
Hamilton.

JayDC

Sat May 12, 2007 9:06 pm

Lite's will scratch burn as easily as commerical vinyl. As far as the play back amount. The lite's I've cut still sound the same after 25 plays, with normal wear and tear (DJ cueing, ect..).. I have not had them that long, so I'll keep playing them, and let you guys know my thoughs.

as for an experiment, I'll cut something to a Lite, then recordd an mp3.. I'll play at least 100 times over the summer, and will keep track of how many times I played it, at the end of the summer, I'll rerecord it to mp3, and then we'll make a judgement.

I'll be using it in the club enviroment, and I won't be careful with it.
If for some reason it doesn't last the whole summer, I'll end the experiment early and post my findings..

dubs

Sat May 12, 2007 9:13 pm

cool jay, would be very interested in that experiment! :)