Hi, starting new projet need advices and help :)

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Sylvere

Hi, starting new projet need advices and help :)

Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:19 pm

Hello everybody,
I'm Sylvere (newbee around :) I'm working in our beautifull Audio World for 30 years now in a National Theatre in Paris like sound designer in permanent position.
I need some advices from u:
My Director had couple of months ago, started a new projet called ''La Parole Nochère''
it's about a sound Booth with an old fashioned phone in which a people can leave a message on answer machine for there parents who passed away (cause covid19).
Now, we"ve got a lot of hours of voice material (around 150 hours) on server. The first idea is to put everything on a vinyls records to be able to pack them on grave at the bottom of the theatre, the wish is that the peeps in 300 years would be able to open the big box find the records and will play it without electrical material (need to build a needle player with an old coffee blender lol :)
So, to be able to transfer the wholes files from Harddrive to vinyls records, I decided to invest on the Souri T560, I'm in touch with Ulrich to order hardware but need to wait for months to get training day and hardware cause covid (the border is close). No problem I'm not on a rush to achieve that.
After the second idea is to feed the riaa of the T560 from my Nagra VS preamp which is feeded by my Schoeps Collette in XY mode. Do u thing that I'm gonna get a good technical result ? or maybe Blumlein mode could be better than XY ?
What do u think about the necessity of feedback cutterhead ?
I precise I want an optimal quality for my rec with the Nagra, for the phone transfer it is not so problematic for us cause the bandwidth is just around 300Hz-5Khz.
hope that my english is clear enough to be understand correctly :)
Anyway, delight to be here !
cheers
Sylvere

ps: we want vinyl cause it is actually at this time the more reliable system to stock (obviously in perfect conditions) audio material for many many decade.

Sylvere

Re: Hi, starting new projet need advices and help :)

Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:46 am

Hi,
at Moderator:
Maybe my previous message should be moved in the other section of this forum !
Sincerly
syl

EposLab

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:14 am

I supoose all these phone messages are all in MONO format. With a bandwidth of 300-5kHz you have plenty of options for the exact purpose.
You can choose between older Prestos , RekOKuts etc and also the old Hara lathes!
In my opinion Hara is the best option as they are all-in-one , small , portable and easy to use. You can emboss or cut with diamond and their freq response is 50-8kHz! They are also much cheaper that a complete souri lathe..
Then If you want a higher quality lathe for future projects you can look for sourri or other similar lathe systems such as the Phonocut!
Epos Laboratory Phono Cartridge Retip & Lathe Cuts
http:\\www.eposlab.gr
info@eposlab.gr
IG EposLab (https://www.instagram.com/eposlab/?hl=en)

Sylvere

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:14 am

thx for reply !

urieldeveaud

Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:52 pm

hi Sylvere,
tu es en france ? looking for your page..
interesting project
uriel