Hello folks, nice forum

Who are you? Tell us about yourself, get feedback, and provide links to your work.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

junkerpm

Hello folks, nice forum

Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:48 am

I just ran across the site after googling Soundscriber. I found one of these dictophones and have been playing around with it, recording onto CDs and some blank flexi discs I found. Mainly my kids talking and stuff like that. I also made some CD/records for a DJ kid at my work. They were recordings of some dialogue from Night of the Living Dead and him talking. I guess he whipped them out at one of his DJ battles and wowed the crowd and won the battle. He said people were freaking out when he slapped the CDs on his turntables.

I think the steel needle is getting dull on mine. Can these be sharpened or replaced?

I read some of the material people are cutting on, the plastic plates and whatnot. Anyone try drum heads? Either the clear ones or the coated seem worth a try. Also, some libraries cover softcover books with a super heavy adhesive clear protective material. I'm thinking you could get some of these at a book sale and cut the covers off and try these out on a cutting machine. Worth a try.

Anyway, its cool to know others are goofing around with this stuff.
Dave