Totallt newbie bug

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

adrik

Totallt newbie bug

Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:00 am

Hallo, I have machine from vinylrecorder.com and I have a problem with smaller formats. If I cut the same song on 10" or 12", everything is good, but in 5" there are deeper and disapear grooves, better in 45 rpm, but also deep grooves. Do you know, where is the problem?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Totallt newbie bug

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:12 am

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "deeper and disappear grooves"? are you saying some grooves are too deep and then some are not deep enough? Is there a pattern to this, or is it random?

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Totallt newbie bug

Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:15 am

ah! I see....it looks like there is a pattern of rapid bouncing going on here. It also looks like the early grooves are a bit crowded.

a 5" record is truly a specialty item! It's not necessarily advised in most cases, at least from a sound quality point of view. But I don't know the specific tolerances of the vinyl recorder.