Hello From SuperNewb

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

shaneoftheroad

Hello From SuperNewb

Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:13 am

Hey, all. My name's Shane and I found this forum while searching for someone to help me out with cutting 7" singles from a project I'll be working on all year (2 songs a month). I'm sure you've heard the story a million times by now but a few of the cutting places I was considering either won't return my emails or they're just out of business entirely.

I built a cutting head using a needle, a tiny speaker, some magnets and foam. I tried cutting on some plastic party plates (as a test) and actually got some sound out of it. But in doing this project I realized how much more time it would take for me to really understand lathe cutting and build (or buy) a proper setup. I intend on jumping into this world with both feet, lathes are fascinating.

But for now I'll likely be searching around the forums for someone to do an extremely limited run of my singles every month. These are just for my collection, nothing commercial. Not selling them. I just like the magic of spinning my own music on the turntable.

Anyway, I'm from Owensboro, KY. I'm a musician/songwriter and a huge fan of music in general. Glad to be here.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: Hello From SuperNewb

Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:15 am

welcome, shaneoftheroad!

Snakeheadfishlab

Re: Hello From SuperNewb

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:56 pm

I need more time, but hit me up in a couple months,I'm embossing some polycarbonate and getting close..I will do limited runs of 7" 33 1/3

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk