Sheffield Labs Mastering Cutting Lathe Tube Amplifier 4 Neum

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

grimeyrob

Sheffield Labs Mastering Cutting Lathe Tube Amplifier 4 Neum

Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:52 pm

Hi

I just won a Sheffield Labs Mastering Cutting Lathe Tube Amplifier 4 Neumann Westrex Scully on ebay. Hope the seller will honour the sale as they wanted much much more than I won it for but as long as they do, any ideas what it can be used best in conjunction with as once I get my hands on it I'll want to add the other stuff bit by bit to build a cutting system. Or just use it as an uber mastering amp.

leo gonzalez

Re: Sheffield Labs Mastering Cutting Lathe Tube Amplifier 4

Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:40 pm

has it been restored already? did you win it with the restored service?

how would you use it as a mastering amplifier? as a line amp? i doubt that would work...

you bought from ebay, so worst case scenario you should get your money back if the seller doesnt ship

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mossboss

Re: Sheffield Labs Mastering Cutting Lathe Tube Amplifier 4

Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:59 pm

You want to get any schematics for this baby or else you can kiss £100 an hour for a techo to get it sorted if it goes down
It is a very specific amp with bells and whistles very nice but the guy build it and used it so he knew every trick in it
Doubt that another person could get the best out of it
At the end of the day it is a cutting amp, so it will drive a cutting head, it needs to be on a lathe and these beasts are getting on the endangered species list
Keep us in the loop
Best
Chris