Hi and Help

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

MikeyV

Hi and Help

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:38 pm

Greetings Trolls...........I used to own a cutter, Presto K model back in the late 80's early 90's. I am not the best with the electronics side, but the cuts that I did back in the day actually turned out very well. I sold my machine due to health bills back in 1996. Back then there was not much info available, definitely no internet with all the helpful advice.

Well I found a Rek o Kut TR43-H with the R8B amp a few weeks ago. The guy that owned it had it for 25 years and said he never used it. Also said the person before him had never used it but a couple of times. And it is in a 9 out of 10 condition. Came with a Stylus and a 120 feedscrew (like to get a 220 if anybody knows of one). I have reoiled, greased everything and the cutter itself works great. THE QUESTION........

My R8B amp is not taking any signals. The meter lights up but the needle does not go anywhere when putting in the signal. I took it apart and everything looks good except...one side of one of the electrolytic capacitor is not connected. Is this a reason as to why I plug in my imput source there's no indication.

Thanks everyone...........I have enjoyed this site for many years. No cutter, no register. But now I'm back on track.

Mike

Snakeheadfishlab

Re: Hi and Help

Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:59 pm

Have it check out by a reputable electronic guy,it probably needs new caps and tubes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeyV

Re: Hi and Help

Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:00 pm

We were able to bypass the board and get sound to the output.....board is bad and will have to replace alot of the caps.....
thanks for the help guys. Just trying to test the head to be sure the damn thing is getting sound.

MikeyV