Proud new owner of the 8DG thanks to PIAPTK

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

helloheathen

Proud new owner of the 8DG thanks to PIAPTK

Mon Sep 30, 2019 5:43 pm

Just wanted to say hello to everyone - and give a great big shout out to Kris Dorr and Mike Dixon (Mobile Vinyl/ PIAPTK).

I just bought the 8DG from them and did some training with them 1/1 in AZ. Mike and Kris worked with me for 3 days and put up with my insane amount of questions.

This lathe will be finding a home in St.Petersburg Florida @ Zen Studios. We have lots planned for it at the studio and the amount of work these two put into restoring this machine- I'm more then confident it will handle the abuse it will get from a beginner until I get my proper footing. I'm not much for social media, but if and when I come up with some note worthy ideas I'll be sure to post them. I've read about every corner of this website and appreciate it very much.

Cheers

-Sean

soeffingodly

Re: Proud new owner of the 8DG thanks to PIAPTK

Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:47 am

Good luck!

That was a pretty sexy lathe. It will serve you well. Plus Mike and Kris are always super nice and stupid helpful.
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."

piaptk

Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:40 pm

Post some pics when it gets setup!
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

Podorvanov

Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Class. I am also from Russia, from the Crimea. Glad for you and your purchase. It’s good when in Russia there are also people who are interested in cutting vinyl. It is good when in Russia replenished with similar machines for recording on vinyl. I also like this model of machine. I have a Presto 6N machine and an improved copy of the Neumann R21 machine. Once again, happy for your purchase. As an opportunity, share photos or videos.