UK Blanks?

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

creature

UK Blanks?

Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:37 pm

Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and this is my first post so I hope I've put this in the right place, if not please forgive me. This may also come under the banner of stupid questions.

I'm in the uk and have acquired a Souri T560 (Not directly from Souri as I have waited ages for an answer with no reply :( )

I am searching for a uk supplier for blanks. Alternatively a supplier that wont charge the earth with shipping and or send blanks in questionable packaging.

I also have a cheeky question. Is there any way to melt PVC to produce your own blanks at home.

The discs we are planning to produce will all be hand cut individually (not to be sent to a pressing plant) and are for a community project so all help gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,

PMST

Re: UK Blanks?

Thu Nov 26, 2020 3:40 am

Your best bet for blanks is My Shank for sure, get an account with him if you can through his website, based in France, as it stands there isn't a UK based supply, apart form doing it yourself through a company. Get reading the forum, there is a few posts about people based in the UK getting companies to cut sheets of PETG or similar plastics for them, might work out? I'd say My Shank is your easiest option though.

milepost

Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 am

creature wrote:
Hi Everyone!

New to the forum and this is my first post so I hope I've put this in the right place, if not please forgive me. This may also come under the banner of stupid questions.

I'm in the uk and have acquired a Souri T560 (Not directly from Souri as I have waited ages for an answer with no reply :( )

I am searching for a uk supplier for blanks. Alternatively a supplier that wont charge the earth with shipping and or send blanks in questionable packaging.

I also have a cheeky question. Is there any way to melt PVC to produce your own blanks at home.

The discs we are planning to produce will all be hand cut individually (not to be sent to a pressing plant) and are for a community project so all help gratefully received.

Many thanks in advance,
Do not melt PVC, you might die. And +1 love for Steve and Carine at Myshank. Shipping sucks because plastic is heavy.

creature

Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:10 pm

Thank you we've made an order and someone let us have a nosey at their blanks from MyShank. 100% good!

milepost

Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:48 pm

milepost wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:16 am
creature wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Many thanks

Finewool

Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:25 pm

Myshank.com is a great option for blanks.
and there’s no way to melt PVC without professional equipment and you definitely should not try, that’s a question i use to have too.
short run and one-off cutter
lathe cut camp alumni
https://www.razzyrecords.com/