Hi! I'm here because I can't ID this Aircastle vinyl lathe! Help!

Introduce yourself! Recommended for people who are just starting out, as opposed to experienced lathe cutters who are new members.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

LukaWolf

Hi! I'm here because I can't ID this Aircastle vinyl lathe! Help!

Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:15 am

As the title says, I don't know what this is. I mean I know it says Aircastle. I know it is a radio/PA/turntable/cutter. I opened it, and I know that it looks clean inside, needs rewired, some knobs are original, not sure about all of them. I know that the cardboard that was tacked to the back is not original, but probably was where the id info was when it was original. It may have been repaired a while ago. Not sure, nothing inside told me much about it. I know not to plug it in, so I haven't. The controls labels are long gone.

Anyone got a clue. I have not seen an example that had a cutter and controls set up this way.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piaptk

Re: Hi! I'm here because I can't ID this Aircastle vinyl lathe! Help!

Mon Jul 17, 2023 6:33 pm

That is just the generic GENERAL INDUSTRIES/Recordio /wilcox gay /etc home recording unit. They made a ton of them under different brand names and slightly different configurations, but most of them have a crystal cutterhead that will almost certainly not work unless it is re-crystalled and even then, it will be pretty lo fi
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com