Beware of this scam tactic.

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

Beware of this scam tactic.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:46 am

If you've posted a request for an item, and you receive a receive a message like this, be very concerned:
EA16476E-9555-462D-A816-C0DD112FBFC2.jpeg
It's an increasingly popular way scammers might work on Lathe Trolls. This member signed up two years ago and has never posted.

The site member who caught this in a private message writes:

"Exact same ‘setup’ as the first one…guy claims to know a friend who has what I was looking for, says I should contact them directly…"

If I suspect someone might be a scammer, or even engaging in business practices that might result in a significant loss of your money with no return-- i turn their avatar to a yellow color. It doesn't mean anything has been proven. I'm increasingly taking a better-safe-than-sorry approach.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.