Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jesusfwrl

Re: Scam warning: Angulo Records

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 am

I think that Ciuens means that Angulo is dishonest. Banning Angulo from the forum doesn't sound like a bad idea, although I would be surprised if he would have the nerve to post on here again...

We do not even need to try to talk bad about him, the pictures are enough on their own. The fact that he is also refusing to refund the money promotes him from being just a terrible engineer to also being a thief.

Thanks for your contribution, Sunkingrecords. Your cutter head looks worse than mine!!! What's that sharp triangle thing in the middle? This thing really has no hope of ever working. The tweeters on yours are a bit different than the ones on mine though. He is probably scavenging them from a scrab yard or something. It is definitely not your fault that you couldn't get good results from this thing. Even the most experienced cutting engineers in the world would not get good results out of this pile of scrab metal and super glue.

The aluminum body might be the only thing worth keeping, and even with this I am not sure... shocking. The main body on mine is some kind of badly drilled raisin, so I can't even sell it for scrab.
~~~ Precision Mechanical Engineering, Analog Disk Mastering ~~~
Agnew Analog Reference Instruments: http://www.agnewanalog.com

The Shank

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:01 pm

hahaha I guess he make the stylus himself too...

I think I'll add a warning page on my website with all the scammer of this cutting game
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

sunkingrecords

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:06 pm

Yes I paid good money!

I can't seem to find the pics of the interior, have to find them in the other computer which I can't now.

Regards

Miguel
I choose not to run .-

Gus

Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:35 pm

The Shank wrote:hahaha I guess he make the stylus himself too...

I think I'll add a warning page on my website with all the scammer of this cutting game
warning page it's a good idea and for lathetrolls.com

jesusfwrl

Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:25 pm

A warning page is indeed an excellent idea.

Angulo was offering his own needles and blanks as far as I know. Judging by the quality of the rest of his stuff I don't even dare think what his diamonds must be like. He single-handedly wins the award for the worst cutter head ever made. Or at least, the worst cutter head I've ever seen. The many hobbyists on lathetrolls and the rest of the internet experimenting with their own designs have all been miles ahead in craftsmanship.

sunkingrecords

Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:38 pm

I believe the stylus he sells are just imported Transco and Adamant (at least that's what he gave me). I don't know why he called them diamonds when they are in fact saphire or ruby.

The blanks I got from him are all warped. They supposedly will get flat with the heat of the cut itself...

Kind regards
I choose not to run .-

dimi751

Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:05 pm

The standard of quality on the other head looks worse im surprised you got at lest 1 or 2 cuts out of this head. Trolls be warned stick with reputable suppliers.

Vice Fiori

Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:35 pm

HOOOOOOOOLLYYYYYY CHRIIIIIIISSSSSST...
O.O

My god, i dont know if i laugh or cry...

-Jesus: man i dont know what to say, I get close to buy one
-Sunkin, now we know it's not your fault if you cant run the machine right, this head looks like worse than my first test using signal card plastics and coke cans, really, it's not your fault, I cut my first record on vestax with noise, but get a deep and well record...

As i said, I get close to buy one, but when i ask some questions to angulo he's only said "need amp, eq, etc.." and of corse, i dont spend my money with "etc"...
This is the post who i talk about it: http://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5750&p=35723&hilit=angulo#p35723

At first time when i write on that topic, pissed of, I get hard with myself, "maybe I was wrong? maybe it's a good machine and I'm a bit hard with angulo?" But now, I only have one thing to say (in portuguese, to be clear):

"hey, Angulo, tira esse nome do seu trabalho, seu cutter head e sua conversa são tão tortos quanto o seu carater"...

EpicenterBryan

Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:40 pm

I have been both troubled and puzzled by this for several days.
It just gets worse seeing photos of a second head.
I have no idea what to say about this… just sick to my stomach for everyone involved.

Bryan

Ciuens

Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:26 pm

This cutting head is the most horrible thing I've ever seen. This is a joke right? Where are the hidden cameras? hahaha
This thing will never work. My condolences my friend :(

Jolyman

Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:56 pm

There is a picture that shows his fingerprint on the head's cone.
I would send it to Interpol.

Vice Fiori

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 pm

Send this fingerprints to Interpol, Ibama and Green Peace..
This Head is a violation to humans, ambiental and animal rights...
The dinosaur extinction happen with a meteor? Wrong, they die with a Angulo cutter head!

dimi751

Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:28 pm

Ahh vice you crack me up lol :D

jesusfwrl

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:18 am

I should point out, that Angulos website is hosted by wordpress.com, visible at angulorecords.wordpress.com (the .com just points to that).

His videos are hosted by youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcRPdT8Gf1kf_PEvbAwW_Q.

And he also has a facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/AnguloRecords

All of these platforms provide the option of reporting content that is related to scamming. Feel free to use the "report" and "comment" button, if you would prefer shit like that to not be as visible as they are.

I don't think I really need to analyse how scammers like Angulo do not only affect the pockets of their victims, but also the pockets of honest, hard working individuals, who produce good quality cutting equipment. People like Angulo are unfortunately more visible on search engines, so a lot of beginners will be attracted to their crap. Since it is his strategy to try to convince people that it is their fault, that it doesn't work, I don't think many of his victims would ever move on to buy a better system. They would probably just give up.

Even for myself, being as determined as I am, I would probably need to wait a fairly long time to come up with such an amount of money to give it to one of the honest people on here for a decent cutter head.

The reason I went for Angulos crap in the first place, was that he was extremely visible with no negative comments about his equipment, and he was also extremely communicative and willing to explain things. I think he learned a lesson from Vice, and he did put a considerable effort in communication with me before I gave him any money.
By the time I got Angulos head I had been trying to buy other, more legitimate heads for over 6 months with people either not replying to me, me not being fast enough on ebay, or just not being rich enough for some of the very good heads. It got to a point were I urgently needed a stereo cuter head for a specific project which would probably pay for the cutter head on its own, needles to say, not only did I lose the money for the project, I also lost the money for the cutter head. And then, the country's economy collapsed.
Triple disaster.

mossboss

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 am

If there is anyone here conversant in Italian, that person can certainly tell you what Angulo means in Italian
Not quite prefect but a peasants description of a common enough saying, it be a close enough description of the head in the photos
Cheers
Chris

studiorp

Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:33 am

Angulo, isn't an italian word, sorry...

mossboss

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:05 am

va fangulo is Ha Ha
Chris

petrolio

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:40 am

:)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Vice Fiori

Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:51 am

WHAT I TOLD ABOUT DINOSAUR?!

Pepperman

Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:30 am

The guy is a great scam. I wonder how people like him try to earn money from such things.
If he was smart he would go to rob a store or something similar, but as it is seems he is not even smart, he is probably a pussy.
We should do something for such people to exclude them from Lathe Trolls site.
Dear Jesus you have my deepest sympathy.