MGS CutterHead project now for sale

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Vice Fiori

MGS CutterHead project now for sale

Mon May 01, 2023 3:12 am

Ok, let me try to start without too many ceremonies:

Years ago, After a lot of troubles, scammers, pain and even starvation (some people here know what happen), I decide to make my own cutting lathe. It´s silent, not arduino controlled, buttons all timed controlled, silent suction thet can be used at the botton of your table and even midi controlled.
With this, people started do aking me about make a cutting head, not only to put in their T560, but with way to put Grampiam, T560 or neumann Stylus..
And they said "Why you dont post your work at Lathe Trolls as an alternative for who needs a new head for their T560? And I through "Why not? but not only for a T560"

So I present you the MGS INT-D & INT-FB (Dynamic & Feedback version)
-Smaller than a T560 (6.7cm x 6.8cm x 4.2cm closed to it)
-Ligher than a T560 (230gr)
-Made on 4.5Ohms drivers and Stereo (not a pair of Scammed piezo twitters who blows up and come back to the scammers country)
-4.5ohms (or maybe 9ohms) FB mini coils (no, it´s not a cartridge glued on the torque tube, and it´s not a coin inside the cutting head ether)
-Aluminun body (orbit finish) and torque tube with option to fit a presto/grampian, T560 and Neumann Stylus (I Study this option for an adapter but the first version have 2 holes, one for grampian, other to T560 or neumann type)
-Brass Springs/piano wire(we not gonna make lies here, that´s it, and yep, springSSS, more than one)
-Alu Suction tube (smaller, even a less pression can suck like a charm and it´s direct to the Cutting head, so if you have a more warped blank, suction tube travels with the head together. Fit a stylus, adjust it and done!)
-An LED inside to Bright everything (No RGB, it´s a cutting head, not a gamer´s keyboard)
-Can reach +3db RMS

"oh are you only have these pictures?" by now, yes, I took them quickly as I had to send to a client in a hurry!

And came complete with:
-Cutting Head
-T560 Head Adapterr with 4 measurements (yep, dont worry, we made an adapter for this!)
-Cable for powering the console and DB19 cable for head+Console
-A simple 7" Vinyl record with 1k in 0dB to adjust your Cartridge volume properly , a Pink noise with your original head Cutter (no eq) and with a equalized one, and a Sample recordet and tested of your head with a song Cutted on -6DB, -3DB, 0DB and +3DB (RMS)
-Complete console box
-OBS: dont came with stylus, if you want one, contact your dealer!

The Console itself have Heat controller, 500mah fuse protection, Amp inside, LED on/off, VU out meter calibrated (dont have on the pictures, but reach the desired volume and cut without fear) And goes fully Equalized and with a Internal limiter for Highs, This one is interesting because its calibrated for the last step of the total volume, so when you reach up volume, it´s only limit the highst that needed, you dont loose highs with lower volumes, only what it needed to not blow everythings up with saturated highs.
For Feedback or dynamic version it came already adjusted with your head.. Feedback Version of console came with a aditional FB playback output
You Don´t more aditionals like amp, heat control, psu, nothing. Just Install the head, the console and you´re done!
So, What you gonna need more? Only Your T560 or your lathe, a Stylus, ready to go!

The Head Alu Body are designed to have more space down above the Stylus, so yeah, you´ll have space to make your strange records that need to cross the Lead-out part, with not worries to hit the center pin from yout turntable (obs: have a 7-8mm of space for this)

It´s not a ultra professional head, but It´s well cnc and hand maded parts, developed with love and my oun lathe make people happy for years.
Came in signature and serie´s numbered starting at 009

It´s not that cheap, but´s really affordable comparing. I thinking about putting prices here, but I dont know If I dare or even if I can, so Sent me a private!

The Pictures are from the Dynamic version (feedback only changes inside) and the Console are the same, but this version dont have VU meter at the time..
The Sound is captured direct from vinyl, with a Staton 680EE, only preamp, no eq added..

Sound from Dyn head, 4 versions of the same music with Volumes recorded in -6DB, -3DB, 0DB & +3DB RMS:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mar3laj1b4yn9ok/01%20-%20Head02%20-6%20-3%200%20e%20%2B3DB%20RMS.mp3?dl=0

Sound from Feedback head, recorded at the middle of the of the disc, volume at -3DB (RMS):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1v75h3bcr4orw0e/%5BMGS%5D%20Hunter%20Hunted%20-%20Wired%20%28sound%20direct%20from%20vinyl%29.mp3?dl=0

And even if you´re interesting more, I made some T560 Motorized console for a client. Simple commands, but deliciously quiet.

If you´re interested, sent me PM, but I had to tell you: by now I asking for a 90 days to make, it takes time, so be patient, and thanks by now!

tragwag

Re: MGS CutterHead project now for sale

Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 am

wow, great looking work!
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

Vice Fiori

Mon May 01, 2023 3:42 pm

tragwag wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:25 am
wow, great looking work!
Thants Trag, It´s not THAT state of art and it´s not a caruso (never gonna be, it´s another way, another project, another person, another research) but sounds nice (of course I post audios) and it´s a nice alternative for T560 and other lathes!

When I talk about the volume reach +3db RMS, I have my system calibrated here, but ti betruth with you, It´s by 1.5, 2.5db more, so when I said +3db, I test it in 4.5, 5.5db rms, but security line is about 3db...

Maybe have some modifications but I cant promisse abot this one, but still gonna be the same project and design, but maybe gonna be changed to aeronautic aluminum

Vice Fiori

Tue May 02, 2023 3:11 pm

Thanks for all the DM reply´s, it´s really amazing to see that...
But, if you gyus cant receive any reply that I made since yesterday, please tell me, I made a feedback for each one of you.

Vice Fiori

Wed May 03, 2023 4:38 am

A bunch of pictures more that I found (first version, the second version are more designed as the first post. And dont fool yourself: this Screws from heat wire is not like VR Head, the locks are fixed, so it´s just put the wire, screw and no worries about holding locks when try to screw the wires:

The guts from inside (This is from the second version/Dynamic)

Measururing (mm):

Front
Side:
Back (no VR adaptor)

And a quick video in action making the start ot the recording sound that I show on the first post
This is the motor control unit (selled appart if you´re interested) so your VR can be automatic controled..

This is the simple version, but going to offer 2 Types:

*Simple versions:
-Heat wire controll 0v to 5v as protection (but if need more, no worries, you just can unlock the feature)
-Digital panel pwm (no more "try to find" pot, select a number, see how goes to your time/cut, register that and you aways have the same time)
-Start/stop - Mark (no time controlled) - Lead (no time controlled) - FF/FW with independente control trimpots
And yes, you can cut a "inverted record" with this...

*Not that simple version with more features:
-Heat wire controll 0v to 5v as protection
-Digital panel pwm
*Funtions going to be more on this one (still with independent control trimpots!):
-Start/stop (obviously!)
-Mark/separate tracks (time controled: one click, turn on - half second timed - automatic stop and your mark is done by equal)
-Lead in/intro (time controled too)
-Lead out (Locked, stop with a second click or if came to the final stage of the sensor)
-Home (had to tell about?)
-Induction sensor for Lead out / home (when your lead out came to sensor, it will stop everything (including start buttom) so you can lift your head aways on the same spot to lock groove), and can go back home without worries

Both versions came with:
-Nema17 motor with metal base
-Alu slot bar to fix the motor to VR (so you can fix and adjust what you need more easily
-belt

boryo

Thu May 04, 2023 5:59 am

Looks great! Why don't you move it to classifieds section?

Vice Fiori

Thu May 04, 2023 9:25 pm

boryo wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 5:59 am
Looks great! Why don't you move it to classifieds section?
I even think about this one, but start to questioning myself where goes better, and can be mor easily viwed as a project/option

Vice Fiori

Sat May 06, 2023 5:42 am

Some Updates as you guys starting to ask me:
"it´s possible to make on a 19" rack version?
Yes both console for cutterhead and the Pitch controller. Can be made in a entire metal box (20x6x20cm) or 1U 19 Rack mount. I think in make these 2 options, but maybe going to padronize one option, it´s a dream but not that easy giving too much choices...
Here the pictures, Labels are going to be carved on gray metal, so give me your best shot!

Vice Fiori

Wed May 10, 2023 9:48 am

Guys, only to know that I have only more 3 space for cutting head that I can do by the days I set in, the next one´s who asking for an order gonna have to wait a bit more...

Discounts are over by now, As it had 4 days for my birthday, i´ll still giving the discount for these last 3 who came to close deals!

bobanbox

Tue May 16, 2023 7:13 am

Where can this be ordered and what is the price.

Vice Fiori

Tue May 16, 2023 9:58 am

bobanbox wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 7:13 am
Where can this be ordered and what is the price.
Hi Bobabox, I already sent a pm!

Vice Fiori

Tue May 23, 2023 8:52 pm

Some "updates" from 23-05-2023:

I dont know If I mention this (and some of you guys starting to ask), but the idea is to be "upgradable", So if you want to change it later to a feedback version, it will be possible, but, of corse, you had to bring it back the Head + console, as both are going to be remaded...
For this (and to had an 3d acrchive with me) I start design a 3D model and now it had what I want since the beginning: a driver enclosure.
The enclosure itself are going to be maded to have free space and holes to add a feedback later for who want a upgrade. It will be charged the difference from dynamic to feedback version (and maybe an aditional cost) but if you want start cheap, you´ll have this opportunity.
Measure and the rest are still the same, It´s only a enclosure difference.

Pictures itself have missing parts as I still making, so no, this is not the final project, and dont think it dont have holes, springs, torque tube and other parts (as some scammer head that we already know it dont have, sometimes costumer dont even receive the head itself!):

Running up:
---

Really wanted to put this on 3d scale to see the looking:
---

Messing around with some colors (maybe I´ll made an anodized green or pearl green version, but nothing to promisse):
---

Orders are still running!

Vice Fiori

Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:36 am

I want a thin 1U rack, but it has to be 2U...
Pitch Controller parts comming, waiting for some more..
It´s a lot of things, just on bags!
(someone who want to solder that 50 relays? :D)

The final design gonna looks like this, this is a special one, running 4 motors:
(Signature name not showed by now, as I dont ask for owner´s permition until it´s done do post here

trailerparkjesus

Fri Aug 11, 2023 2:02 pm

Anyone heard from Vice?

Steve E.
Site Admin

Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:11 am

If anyone has a phone number for Vice, please send it my way. It sounds like he's not getting back to people. I'm moving this thread temporarily to Caveat Emptor until he shows up in a good way. Sorry, Vice....

And more importantly, sorry to anyone who is finding that he isn't communicating lately. I don't like the sound of that.

I'm hoping this is just a temporary glitch, but I feel a need to protect people in the meantime.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:10 pm

Vice reached out to me (after I reached out to him) and said he'll be contacting people shortly. Sounds apologetic.

People, please keep me in the loop.

I don't consider it my job to police these situations. The standard warnings and precautions apply here as everywhere.

trailerparkjesus

Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:40 pm

All good, Vice got back to me.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:28 pm

Ok, good. Thank you.

Vice Fiori

Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:18 pm

Im back, and sorry guys the delay that I have, got sick, my wife got sick and I took my attention for me as she´s from another city (even she´s more strong than me, but got worse in a cirurgy)
Things going on, even sick i made my updates and even on time schedule, we have a bunch of scammer that of corse you guys going to got worried about.

By now this version of pitch controller have 2 timers (Mark and Lead in, so it´s click and mark start and end by itself), digital counter for cut (better for keep the time you want on some cuts), vel. control for the other functions, 4 drivers to run 4 motors (or 1, or 2, ot 3) and almost 16 relays, as even the latch switches are analog and controled by a relay combination (my personal version are madade by electronic fets and i hate´t, this one have a fast attack everytime) And of corse, a "Midi Desk" so can took a box latter with control and midi to get it automated and more confortable.

The panel

Part of the production
https://imgur.com/kIgMhza

Steve E.
Site Admin

Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:04 am

Vice, please keep us in the loop.