recommended reading

Stuff not covered by the other...Forii? whatever. General goofiness. (You should not post here unless you've been contributing elsewhere on this site.)

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Gridlock

recommended reading

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:22 pm

I live in oregon we are about to start getting our famous rain. Who knows the dewey decimal numbers where i will find books about troll stuff? Or any recommend any reads.
<\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\[[[[[[[\/]]]]]]]\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\>
Recordette Sr.......Presto K-8

Soulbear

Re: recommended reading

Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:52 am

Hi Gridlock,
As well as the 2nd Ed "Basic Disc Mastering" Opus Magnum by Larry Boden, and Bob Morrisons Classic Tome on "Disk Recording" (Now in Digital Format & Available from Grooveguy) Why don't you see if you can't pick up copies of these too?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Newnes-Audio-Hi-fi-Engineers-Pocket/dp/0750620013
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sound-Recording-John-Eargle/dp/0442225571
Because I'm U.K. based, both these Links direct you to Amazon U.K. but at least you will be able to see copies of the literature, so you can then undertake a search Stateside. Both are well worth the asking price, but you might pick them up for even less via the Bay. The Newnes Book (Available Cheaply) has a substantive section on Facts and Formulae for all those little calculations, which now years on, you may have forgotten how to do. It also has a Great Chapter on Valve Amplifier Servicing amongst many other interesting Topics. Chapter 10 of John Eargle's Book (More Expensive) is devoted to Disc Recording. Both of these are definitely recommended reading, now that the nights are drawing in.
Hope this Helps
Regards :wink: :P :D Soulbear

Soulbear

Re: recommended reading

Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:01 am

Hi Gridlock,
P.S. I forgot to mention this Er..Um.. :roll: :roll: :roll: Digital Freebie?? 8) 8) 8) (Shush!!)
Recording Methods Oliver Read.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.