HOW TO REGISTER v 4 (updated August 2022)

This tells you what you need to do to register for this chat forum.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Steve E.
Site Admin

HOW TO REGISTER v 4 (updated August 2022)

Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Here is an updated process for creating a Lathe Trolls account.

First, CLICK "register" at the top of the site, near the far right.
1.gif
You will see this page (below).
2.jpg
You can change this page to your preferred language from a dropdown menu. This will change most or all of the navigation buttons to your language and can help you navigate the site; although thing may get confusing if you are using a site translator to read the English posts.

Click "I agree to these terms" to accept them.
3.jpg

Fill out the page below carefully:
4.jpg
1. Username. This is the name that will show up when you log in and post on the site. It is common netiquette for users to use a self-selected nickname here. Your name should not be misleading or anti-socially offensive.

2. Email address. This is the email address that will be used to receive further notification about logging in, as well as further communications related to the chat forum.

3a and 3b. This is your password. Please keep note of this in your personal records. Use a strong password with upper and lower case letters, numbers and a symbol.

4. This is another opportunity to change your board language.

5a and 5b. These are interrelated dropdowns where you can pick your time zone, so that it is clear when posts have been made.

6. Check the security box saying "I am not a robot."

7. Click the "Submit" button.

This is not the end! Read on for further information.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO REGISTER v 4.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:59 pm

Continuation:

Hopefully, you will see this screen, or something somewhat like it:

5.jpg
HOWEVER!! In some of the languages, the software of the site has some misleading information which needs to be corrected, and because we are understaffed in the translation and programming department, you may see something like this instead, in both this page and your email:

"Your account is currently inactive and will need to be approved by an administrator before you can log in. Another email will be sent when this has occurred."

This is wrong. In fact, YOU must take action, and contact the administrator by email.

Look in your email:
6.jpg

Whether or not the email reads as below, please do the following.

Please send a message to steveespinola @ g mail (as shown in the graphic) including:

1) Subject heading: Please activate my Lathe Trolls account. (Please put this in ENGLISH so I don't overlook it.)
2) USERNAME (This is crucial. Not just your name: your registered Username) and
3) a sentence of introduction, so I know you're a real person, interested in the forum topics.

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it using the email address associated with your account. Please email me if you have any problems.

Thanks, & welcome!

--Steve E. (Forum Janitor)

7.jpg
So!! Your email to me should look something like this (replace with your own details):
8.jpg
You will then receive an email confirming that your account was approved. Please login as soon as you can, which will preserve your account from being pruned later on.

And that's about it! The little icon next to your name can be clicked to see personal messages and to change your board settings.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO REGISTER v 4.

Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:00 pm

By the way....if you change your email address later, your account will be automatically, temporarily locked. Sorry! I can't make that not happen. So....if that DOES happen, just email me (SteveEspinola @ g mail .... ) and I will fix it.

Steve E.
Site Admin

Re: HOW TO REGISTER v 4: I need your username

Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:01 pm

and finally, a reminder:

please note these seven (7) basic things:

1) You need to manually email SteveEspinola@ gmail .com after you register.
2) You need to include your username when you email steve.
3) You need to include your username when you email steve.
4) If your email does not include the phrase "my username is" in it, you are probably doing it wrong.
5) You need to include your username when you email steve.
6) You need to tell Steve what your username is, when you email him.
7) I'm not sure how else to put this, but if you don't include your username in the email you send to Steve, he cannot activate your account.

That's what you need to do. It's nice to know your real name and your email address --great, even!-- but what I need is your login username, you see. I can't magically weed through thousands of spambots to figure out who you are, and it would take over my life to do a search in the mysql databases several times a day to hunt you down through detective work. So, that's why.

Oh, and #8:

8 ) You need to include your username when you email steve.
9) Vous devez envoyer un courrier électronique manuellement à SteveEspinola @ gmail .com après votre inscription et inclure votre nom d'utilisateur.
10) Necesitas enviar un correo electrónico manualmente a SteveEspinola @ gmail .com después de registrarte e incluir tu nombre de usuario.
11) Sie müssen nach der Registrierung manuell per E-Mail SteveEspinola @ gmail .com und Ihren Benutzernamen eingeben.
12) È necessario inviare manualmente SteveEspinola @ gmail .com dopo la registrazione e includere il tuo nome utente.
13) Πρέπει να στείλετε μήνυμα ηλεκτρονικού ταχυδρομείου με το SteveEspinola @ gmail .com μετά την εγγραφή σας και να συμπεριλάβετε το όνομα χρήστη σας.
14) Вам необходимо вручную отправить по электронной почте SteveEspinola @ gmail.com после регистрации и указать свое имя пользователя
15) 注册后,您需要手动发送电子邮件至SteveEspinola @ gmail .com,并包含您的用户名。
16) 登録後にSteveEspinola @ gmail .comを手動で電子メールで送信し、ユーザー名を入力する必要があり
17) คุณต้องส่งอีเมล SteveEspinola @ gmail .com ด้วยตนเองหลังจากที่คุณลงทะเบียนและใส่ชื่อผู้ใช้ของคุณ
18) आपको पंजीकरण करने के बाद स्टीवईस्पिनोला @ जीमेल। कॉम मैन्युअल रूप से ईमेल करने की जरूरत है, और अपना उपयोगकर्ता नाम शामिल करें
19) Vi devas permane retmesaĝi SteveEspinola @ gmail .com post vi registras, kaj inkluzivas vian uzantnomon.
20) עליך דוא"ל SteveEspinola @ gmail .com לאחר שנרשם וכוללים את שם המשתמש שלך
21) تحتاج إلى البريد الإلكتروني ستيفيسبينولا @ غميل .com يدويا بعد التسجيل، وتضمين اسم المستخدم الخاص بك.
22) Vos postulo vos ut subcriptio manually cum email SteveEspinola@gmail.com et includere tuam usuario tibi est.

Apologies to Dutch, Danish, Norwegian, Gaelic and other missing languages. I got tired.