The Beast is Back On Again. Dont miss out ????

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mossboss

The Beast is Back On Again. Dont miss out ????

Wed May 16, 2012 1:50 am

Hey all
It looks like this Ortofon rare beast is back on
So here is everybody's last change to part with hard earned Cash for an item that was only recently bought for about $1000 in a flee market sale or a Craigs list like over there in the land of Fine chocolate and Caruso cutting heads
Flo must really be angry with himself for missing out in the first place
Life is like that
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300711010444&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNARL:GB:1123
Bid away but at a starting price of
16,000.00 Euros 1 EUR = 1.2716=USD 20,345.88 US Dollars
1 USD = 0.7864 EUR at today's exchange rates
What a bargain guys
Now if any of you have an ocean going yacht would not that make a fantastic Anchor
It should be heavy enough
Albeit a very expensive one :lol:
Than again someone will most likely think that he can make a $ out of this by offering lathe cuts on Wax :roll:
Cheers
Chris

fraggle

Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 am

there are certainly some stupid people out there who would buy this without knowing what they actually buy...

Aussie0zborn

Wed May 16, 2012 7:46 am

You can ask anything you like it doesn't mean you will get it. Is he selling this as a classic piece of vintage audio or as an antique that might appeal to the antique collectors?

Angus McCarthy

Wed May 16, 2012 10:30 am

He's apparently selling it as:
"I had a project to use this as vinyl turntable with an external Motor and a 14inch arm. Due to ack of time i have to sell this rare beauty."

If that's the case I suppose my Russco plinth project is destined to be worth a couple thousand in a year when I lose interest in it. :roll:
fraggle wrote:there are certainly some stupid people out there who would buy this without knowing what they actually buy...
I can't believe he already has two offers...

audadvnc

Wed May 16, 2012 12:31 pm

Sounds too expensive, but there was a Gursky photographic print that sold for $4.3 million last year. It doesn't do anything but hang on a wall...

For that price I suppose the inks were distilled Soylent Green and baby blood.