Presto 6N with Grampian D cutting head for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Presto-Jamaican

Presto 6N with Grampian D cutting head for sale

Thu May 09, 2013 12:07 pm

hello Lathe Trolls, I have a 6N lathe for sale with Grampian D head with extras. All moving parts in great condition for a machine from the 40's, i'm located on the island of Jamaica in the Caribbean, the machine was being used by a external belt to drive the table not so long ago in studio cutting reggae dubplates, my email is jamaicanpickers [at] yahoo [dot] com for all your photo requests, i can also accept PayPal payments and will ship via FedEx worldwide at buyers cost, all serious inquiries welcomed, thanks

Bidgood

Re: Presto 6N with Grampian D cutting head for sale

Thu May 09, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm interested, what are you asking? Message or email me if you'd like, thanks!

Presto-Jamaican

Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 pm

For viewing on ebay now, a no reserve auction. All serious bidders welcome
This is a beautiful machine that needs a proper home.
Thanks
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PRESTO-6N-recording-lathe-with-GRAMPIAN-D-cutting-head-/221227079783?pt=US_Vintage_Pro_Audio_Equipment&hash=item3382295867

Steve E.
Site Admin

Wed May 22, 2013 1:49 am

Looks like no one bit?

It is unclear from your description on ebay whether the external belt method of driving the lathe is still hooked up. Does the lathe work in its current shape?

Angus McCarthy

Wed May 22, 2013 7:09 am

Admittedly, without the transmission, and in its current state, $1,300 as a starting bid is extremely high, let alone $3,500 to buy it outright. If you you start with a much lower opening bid, you will probably get a bidding war anyway. A super-high price like that is just going to scare away potential bidders.