TTT Record Press For Sale!

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

phax

TTT Record Press For Sale!

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:49 pm

http://www.ebay.de/itm/TTT-Schallplattenpresse-vinyl-record-press-/161264537683?pt=Kunststoffe_Chemie&hash=item258c1d9053

you will also find some other stuff for sale.

for any infos please contact heuschkel at randmuzik.de

Aussie0zborn

Re: TTT Record Press For Sale!

Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:34 pm

This used to be a record press. Right now it is just a four-column hydraulic press. Without all the parts there is no way this is going to press records again as an automatic press.

Like any four column hydraulic press of suitable specification, it could be used as a manual press with a lot of work.

alexsation

Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:11 am

In China, you can buy a new. Year ago I wanted buy there such a press.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards, Alexey Sobolev.
http://www.vinylium.ru
http://shop.vinylium.ru

mossboss

Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:08 pm

Ok man from Russia
If you think that you can make records on this press mate you are dreaming
How are you going to hold the stampers after you have bolted the molds into position??
Is there a hole on the top platen so as to be able to do that?
And where is the air cylinder so as to push the pin down on to the bottom pin if you are using blind bottom bushes
It can be done of course and it has been done never much good any way but one can get them to work
Is there an air cylinder build in the the guts down the bottom platen to hold the cake and labels on the pins together when the press closes?
Man that is a requirement to make a center hole on the record as well as having the labels centered
How are you going to eject the pip that some times is there in between the pins?
Ok I know you are going to run it manually
So how is the bottom pin going to go up and down so the operator can place the labels on?
He better be a contortionist so as to get the top label on the top pin make sure it stays there while the press closes
The bottom pin needs to be up when the press is open than forced by the top pin down, when the press closes
And than how are you holding the stamper on the molds either top or in the bottom??
It seems you have no idea of how a record press works my man, what is required so as to get it to work so posting up these photos is of no value to any one, if anything it is misleading
What is offered by Rand is a proper record press even if it is a skeleton it has been designed to make records
Much easier to get going than this presses you posted up which require a major redesign as they are
No doubt the manufacturer can modify them but he needs to know what he has to do
I can also assure you that since this seems to be a compression moulding press it will be as slow as a snail
It has a wide daylight opening so it has to travel quite a bit of distance which is not required on a record press
Sorry but you need to know the fine details of what is required rather than just telling your self
Oh its a four post press easy we get them from China and we make records
Yeah Right
Let us know when you do that in a year or so if you start now
Cheers
Chris

alexsation

Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:39 am

Hi Dear Chris!
Do not scold me, I not bought this press because , i not possess the knowledge that you possess. If I knew all the details of fabrication, I would definitely bring this machine to a working condition. Here in Russia are no unrealizable of actions, All can be done and remould, and add something which is not.
Low bow to to you per your knowledge.
I'm your friend!! :wink:
Best regards, Alexey Sobolev.
http://www.vinylium.ru
http://shop.vinylium.ru

mossboss

Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Well Sir Thank you
I have recently heard, as well as had it confirmed that there is now a new press operating under trials in a well established plant
This is the first of a few they want to put in production
This has cost them around the EUR 240,000 Not bad for one machine, obviously in Europe
It seems that further machines are to be ordered or made once this is debugged the word is that they will cost around the Euro 140-150 K but that is early day yet
Modern controls pneumatics etc I also am told it is a very good copy of the AD12/102 Alpha Toolex press
Have not seen it even in a photo
But it seems that it is not a wild story as it come from an excellent source
I am sure we will know all about in due course as well as what this kind of money buys you
It really comes down to the fact that some people are prepared to spend this kind of money so as to stay in the industry with modern equipment rather than the old dears we all run at present
It certainly indicates a healthy environment for the game, with the downside of course that this will push the prices for used gear upwards quite a lot
Now
This skeleton of a press on offer by the advertiser here would not have been any more than take it away at your cost and pay less than scrap metal value for it 10 years ago
15-20 years ago it would have been please just take it away, as the cost of shifting these beast is not exactly beer money
Any way
If one does quite of bit of redesign work on mould carriers as well as mounting methods of the carrier to the press away from the traditional well tried and proven method of record presses, any four post press can be made to work
It will be at considerable cost but we did it many many years ago when presses were expensive
They cost the same as a good house in a good suburb in the 80's, around the $78,000 for a 12" Lened plus moulds and carriers and an extra £3,000 for the sleeving unit consolidated on the press itself
The example we build had the whole mould carrier apparatus on rails which would slide the moulds and carrier out of the press, than swing the top mould open at 45 degrees so the operator can place the labels on it as well as the puck
The whole mould carrier was than slid back in between the platens of the press after the top mould was closed down, than the procedure is the normal heat, press, cool, eject, the record got pressed fine
This press was used for Picture disc which need very slow closing times so it was not a problem in so far as speed was concerned
Philips had a similar design but far advanced as well as automated with very very early PLC system as well
That is where where we got the idea from
Here is a clip for your enjoyment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZF-Fx4AkBM the Philps press was very similar with a rotating carousel where the records where held to cool down before sleeving them
This is a four post press with a smaller, upwards stroke, but the bottom mould slides out which is fine for an auto press but impossible for a manually operated press
The difference is that in ours both mould where slid out of the press top and bottom the we used a "book mould" like it is used on Finebuilt manual presses, certainly manually operated
Cheers
Chris

The Shank

Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:11 pm

I guess the press from VPI were single specimen right? Those press were entirely built inside the manufacture. Yann de Keroullas A.K.A Nikou (rip) worked for them few months to setup the press and everything around when
DFI re open as VPI.
After closing the doors, some press were sold to William a french guy in south France, but he will maybe sell them...
It was for a small aside concerning VPI :)
http://www.myshank.com

* Diamond cutting stylus officials/prototypes
* Resharpening services
* Blank records
* Cutting lathe

mossboss

Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:25 pm

Hey Shank
Not really a single specimen May be from a design point of view it be correct
However they did have quite a few there even though I have never seen them in another plant
They are very similar to Philips presses which where only for Philips factories like EMI 1400 presses none was ever outside the EMI plants
Having said that there was plenty of record presses made all over the world which are not known as we know Alpha SMT Lened Fabel etc
Any competent heavy hydraulic machine fabricating concern can certainly build a Record press Not such a great task
Just costly
Cheers
Chris