WTB mono head from Europe

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cosmO_O

WTB mono head from Europe

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:17 pm

Can sombody help? I'd like to buy a mono cutterhead, to start making decent cuts.

Ebay/USA/Canda is not an option, too much Fee and TAX burden, thanks to my government.. :roll:

So, dear cutter in the EU, send a private message or mail: cosmone at freemail dot hu

I can pay via Paypal.

Thanks!

studiorp

Re: WTB mono head from Europe

Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Hungary ? Wow, I remember Mechlabor brand that had built wonderful reel to reel recorders like models STM-2 or similar, if I am not in mistake...

But in your land wasn't some brand as Mechlabor or similar busy in broadcast world that had built cutting heads ?

Could be interesting know "new" brands of the past, especially of East Europe.

Good luck for your research, but which brand do you search ? Grampian, Neumann, or what ?

cosmO_O

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:00 am

Hey!

Yes, the mechlabor reelers ar the best from hungary, there is a company who still sells NOS parts.

There is an article about the hungarian record cutting history, they used Neumann and Telefunken gears, no hungarian development :(

http://www.egalizer.hu/hifi/tortenelem/gramo.htm (Google translate it, if you brave enough)

Sooo, i looking for any usable, better than my RCA MI-11850C cutter head :D Presto 1D/C, Grampian C/D, Ortofon, any kind.

studiorp

Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:32 am

Hello, thanks for this very interesting webpage.

About the head that you are searching, how max. can you pay ?