Motosacoche Lathe

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

tricks

Motosacoche Lathe

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:22 am

...browsing the internet I stumbled over this: A record cutting lathe built by Swiss/French motorcycle company "Motosacoche".
I'm very curious about this machine, due to it looks very solid. Now I wonder if anyone here ever heard, or even better used this device:

http://www.the-saleroom.com/de-de/auction-catalogues/auction-team-breker/catalogue-id-breker10002/lot-256fd333-8aad-4b47-9fe6-a4660096dfeb

...the auction is from 2015...the estimated value is a bargain, I think!!!

Stevie342000

Re: Motosacoche Lathe

Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:40 am

tricks wrote:...browsing the internet I stumbled over this: A record cutting lathe built by Swiss/French motorcycle company "Motosacoche".
I'm very curious about this machine, due to it looks very solid. Now I wonder if anyone here ever heard, or even better used this device:

http://www.the-saleroom.com/de-de/auction-catalogues/auction-team-breker/catalogue-id-breker10002/lot-256fd333-8aad-4b47-9fe6-a4660096dfeb

...the auction is from 2015...the estimated value is a bargain, I think!!!
The BBC had tested the cutter head, the BBC probably had the cutting lathe as well, the BBC used the Motosacoche tape machines, they feature in the Radiophonic workshop. I was aware of the brand, rarer than hens teeth, cost small fortune when new and you certainly would not be able to call that lathe portable, it will weigh a ton. The tape machines look exactly the same vast immoveable objects in what I can only assume is a cream finish - only ever seen black and white photos before.

tragwag

Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:51 pm

looks very sturdy!
reminds of the telefunken/neumann portable lathes they used during the war
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

tricks

Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:34 am

...there's a Telefunken up on ebay now. but 2 1/2 grand for a machine that's not running and has known issues like a wacky motor etc... way too expencive.

Back to the Motosacoche... An estimate of 800 € is nothing I think. The mechanics look very solid. For me weight is not a problem, because I run my lathe stationary, only. I'd be interested in the turntable motor of this lathe and for sure cutter head mounting. I could imagine, that this would be cool with a caruso head on it!?!

mossboss

Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:17 pm

Hey tricks you may be tricked man
That was closed April last year 2015 you nearly a year to late dude
Best
Chris

tricks

Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:48 am

Hey Mossboss,

thanks for the advice. I mentioned that in the first post, too. It's just that I've seen this lathe for the first time on the internet and if it went for 800€ a year ago it was definetely a bargain. Due to it looks like a solid built I was wondering if that ain't a lathe to search for. To me it seems like kind of a midrange lathe like the fairchild 740, which aren't as expencive as Scullys, Neumann AM31 and higher models, that I can't empty my wallet for. Don't get me wrong, I like my Master Pro RoK and my T560, but I would still go for something else... bigger, better, ...and for sure more open to mods. (as the vinylrecorder is a more or less closed system).