1956 A-R-Sugden Connoisseur RecordLathe *drool*

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Skint

Re: 1956 A-R-Sugden Connoisseur RecordLathe *drool*

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Yep, at a silly high price from a different seller... I give up! :rollseyes:

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Stevie342000

Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:54 pm

I have sent a message to see if I can get a copy of the paperwork, lets see what kind of response we get this time.

recordboy

Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:13 pm

This one looks even cleaner & with disks etc. hmmm...
Cheers,
recordboy

Stevie342000

Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:34 am

recordboy wrote:This one looks even cleaner & with disks etc. hmmm...
It's the same machine that went for £1300 compare the listings, it is the same pictures it is the same script, it is the same serial number cutting lathe No 15. I suspect it is the same seller not the buyer, as I suspect it remained unpaid or the seller decided he did not like the price he got, so they may have listed it under a different user name.

So far they are behaving to form, as I have had no response to message for copies of the paper documents. I am not holding my breathe, I may of course be completely wrong and that it is a different seller. when you get radio silence there is only one option to make things up based on ones suspicions. I really do not understand why people are not co-operative in sharing information.

recordboy

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:10 pm

I hear you loud & Clear Steve...

I asked upon a model a member was selling here as I had never seen it... they never responded... *facepalm* i guess because i wasn't interested in buying it. (I thought it way overpriced) yet an interesting looking item for archives.
Cheers,
recordboy

recordboy

Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 pm

I guess what is new from the first listing is the addition ov so disks...

but oh geese that price jump is insane...
Cheers,
recordboy

Stevie342000

Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:45 pm

recordboy wrote:I guess what is new from the first listing is the addition ov so disks...

but oh geese that price jump is insane...
The disks were sold with the listing when it went for £1380, now it is re-listed admittedly it looks like it has had run over with a feather duster as to if it is the same seller with a different user name nobody knows even if they do respond to a message somehow I think it is the same seller as they are not responding to questions, the first seller for the item at £1380 did not respond to questions.

It still makes no sense to me if the original listing only showed the disks in the boxes and then they took further pictures why is so much trouble then to take pictures of the documents more clearly and to pass them on as requested.

recordboy

Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:44 am

It doesn't make much sense, yet maybe
their belief is that the documents are
what brings up the price & nobody gets
them, less they pay the full asking price.

I could imagine someone thinking in
those terms. Yet that's not to say it makes
any sense. though how many human actions do?

I once asked a seller for a foto ov the
recording head on a machine (the most important part) & as they did, thus raised the price five dollars *scratch's head* as if to compensate for their time? XD
Needless to say, I became put off...

some just don't get it.
Cheers,
recordboy

Stevie342000

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:39 am

recordboy wrote:It doesn't make much sense, yet maybe
their belief is that the documents are
what brings up the price & nobody gets
them, less they pay the full asking price.

I could imagine someone thinking in
those terms. Yet that's not to say it makes
any sense. though how many human actions do?

I once asked a seller for a foto ov the
recording head on a machine (the most important part) & as they did, thus raised the price five dollars *scratch's head* as if to compensate for their time? XD
Needless to say, I became put off...

some just don't get it.
Well if they were thinking logically they could sell the item at the price they are asking if they think the documents command the higher price in their thinking but they could make extra on top by making a copy of the documents, their logic defies their argument of commanding a higher price.

I for one would make the copies it adds no value to the machine and ask for a small donation or give them away, if it helps someone else out then the selfish gene does not over-ride the need for getting the information out there as it is for the betterment of all.

Logic would tell me that if one person needs the documents that I would then make copies of the documents and list those as well to make some extra money if money was my driver.

However there thinking may be that they think the documents add authenticity to the lathe and thus it commands the higher price, making copies does not detract from that, their argument if that is their argument is flawed.