Any UK/Europe based full lathe set ups for sale?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

status66uk

Any UK/Europe based full lathe set ups for sale?

Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:10 am

Im looking to get back in to cutting, I used to own a customised VR but i sold it as i could never get speed stability with the deck i used and had a lot of swarf issues when trying to cut Longer LP sides, Which is mainly what i want the lathe for, would possibly consider a VR again if an SP10 was included with it,

Will consider anything as long as its a full set up and in full working order and the set up is proven to be able to cut long LP sides fairly consistantly when used properly.

Jay Diggins

Re: Any UK/Europe based full lathe set ups for sale?

Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:38 am

Hi,

Just to say that I have a customized VR....and use a Garrard 401 in a really heavy plinth. It is rock solid and sounds superb. It took quite a lot of effort to get the VR to fit over the Garrard, but well worth it in my opinion.

It sounds obvious but I think one will have problems with swarf on all lathes if the vac pipe is not carefully put in the correct position. A bit of trial and error is needed but I moved mine closer to the cutterhead and the vinyl and that solved all the problems.

Happy cutting :-)

status66uk

Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for your reply

I was more bothered about the pitch issues than the swarf issue, if i could have got the speed to be perfectly steady with very little wow and flutter i would have sorted the swarf issue next but i ran out of patience and most people said i needed to be using an SP10 to get rid of the issue, I was using a Numark TTX deck

himynameisjacob

Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Hi there. I have couple of lathes for sale, but oldies...