FS: Audax H5 Cutter Head

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

ellisjohnson

FS: Audax H5 Cutter Head

Fri May 27, 2022 5:52 pm

Hello All,

I recently came across an Audax H5 cutter head amongst a lot of tools purchased at an estate auction. Further investigation lead me here.

I'm interested in selling this as I have no use for it. Admittedly, I know very little about these but will be more than happy to provide any information on condition or additional photos that anyone would need. Likewise, any information you could give me regarding fair value for selling on ebay would be very appreciated.

Once this sells, I'll definitely be making a contribution to the forum. I also know that I'm an unknown person on here and am willing to provide verification that I'm legitimate.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_4631.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ellisjohnson

Re: FS: Audax H5 Cutter Head

Sun May 29, 2022 5:38 pm

Here are more photos.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piaptk

Mon May 30, 2022 2:31 am

Pretty neat. Never seen a gold badge on those.
Will be worth more if you an ohmeter on the leads to confirm there is continuity. Should read around 4.7 ohms. Be worth even more if you run audio theough it using one side of your stereo receiver and do the “cup test” (put a thin carpet nail where the stylus goes, and slowly bring the audio up and once you start to hear the audio coming through the head you press the nail to a flimsy plastic solo cup and listen to the audio. If it is rattly or distorted it need servicing, if it sounds clear, that is a good sign (but not a guarantee)

I’m always a buyer for this stuff
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

ellisjohnson

Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:07 pm

Sold