RCA Overhead for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cheapthrills

RCA Overhead for sale

Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:34 pm

Here's a working RCA overhead with cutting head $2,800. There's interesting history on this overhead that I would be happy to share privately.

I've mounted it on a variety of platters including Presto 6N (like the famous Sun Studios photo).

I've used this overhead for over a decade as an amateur with great results. I've cut lacquer disks and etched into poly disks. Unlike other lathes that pop up time to time, this one is in working condition. The cutter head (included) takes a 16ohm load. Video link below.

Fun Fact: The cutter head is from RCA recording and mastering studios in Toronto, Ontario. It operated under this name from 1954 until 1979, it housed two recording studios, Studio A and Studio B.

https://youtube.com/shorts/hxGCgl7ZpyA?feature=share

cheapthrills

Re: RCA Overhead for sale

Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:14 am

Sold