Late 1930's dutch made Sondisko lathe for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

buddybolden

Late 1930's dutch made Sondisko lathe for sale

Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:48 am

Hi my friends, Jed here,

I’m considering selling my late 1930’s dutch made SONDISKO lathe, designed by Karel Leonardus van Agthoven - long forgotten audio engineer and Sondisko company owner. Couple more lathes of this design are known to exist, not branded, but both of the two I rediscovered in Amsterdam house basement and restored feature SONDISKO logo. As a blank Sondisko-labelled laquer was found between them, most probably both were mr. van Agthoven’s personal use lathes. Sondisko was engaged in anti-nazi recordings during WW II, so it is also probable that the lathe in subject was a part of it, what should be verified in dutch language sources elsewhere.
Located in Poland (Bydgoszcz). Price, depending on options, oscillate around $20.000. lathe features 10kg black powdercoated platter (what allows transparent discs to heat up quicker), restored 1D head, my external motor (what lot of you allready know as „Jed’s motor”) over an independent, inner table. Halfspeeds, 33, 45 and 78's possible. Quite unusual traverse drive transmission with lot of pitches possible. Thread suction pipe with 5m hose extensions chain included (dismounted as on emboss settings now). Home use EQ & amp as extras.

IGNORE present tables, the lathe will be set for the buyer’s need, as:

Portable lathe (still 2 people to carry) over custom made black Marshall-style tolex covered wooden heavy cabinet, with removable cabinet bottom to set motor on totally independent inner table for stationary use (shipping possible).
Stationary lathe (4 people to carry) over a custom, heavy steel table and secondary, inner steel table for motor unit (pick-up by van only).
If the lathe is so cool, WHY am I selling it? Life shows I’m much more into lathe restorations than the disk cutting itself. If I do, I usually perform direct-to-disc shows that require something more portable and possible to carry by one person. And, once equipped in stereo head (every head will fit) this lathe, if well maintained, offers sound quality possibilities that I will never – because of my busy life – use in practise.

Peace & love,
Jed
DSC_4922.JPG
DSC_4921.JPG
DSC_4919.JPG
DSC_4917.JPG
Record cutting lathes restorations
Direct-to-disc recording shows
Wow/flutterless record cutting lathe motors
Jukebox and turntable repairs
jedrzejkubiak@gmail.com
Telephone/Whatsapp: +48 784 246 630
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.