Rek O Kut Model V - value?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

limberpine

Rek O Kut Model V - value?

Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:09 pm

Hi,

I came across 2 of these lathes in their orginal carrying boxes and I want to buy them from the seller, but after searching around, I have no idea what these are worth.

I thought people here might be able to help with valuing them.

Pics below.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

basplin

Re: Rek O Kut Model V - value?

Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:09 pm

I don't know about value, but I do know the tables themselves are pretty rare. Next to nothing about them on the internet, very little documentation or even mention of them in audio forums outside of this one. As far as I can tell, they were designed to be "Recording Turntables" with their 16" overhead. Rek-O-Kut made another 16" turntable (B-16-H) that was marketed for DJ's/playback, but I don't know how it stacks up to this one. I was lucky enough to get one from somebody that had it and lost interest in it as a resto-project, and is just about ready to cut again. I say grab them if you can!