Neumann AM32 and other equipment for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

andybee

Neumann AM32 and other equipment for sale

Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:46 am

Hello lathe trolls,

There is a Neumann AM32 for sale, including Vinylium SC-99 cutting head, Vinylium/Flokason
Pitch98 with time measurement, Minicut preamp & amps, lathe has original motor.

The lathe was in work at the MY45 pressing plant. I should get the machine back from them soon.

If you can´t wait, there is a Scheffner Lathe for sale too, with SC-99 or SX-74 cutting head,
including everything you need for cutting (from 2x stereo audio signal, analog or digital).

I also have the following equipment for sale, when MY45 is giving back the stuff to me:

-Alpha Toolex AD702 7inch Auto press
-7inch preformer
-1" stamper center hole punch with microscope
-7inch Galvanic system, to put 4x 10" inside (rockin type)
-Certuss Junior 500 steam generator oil burner, incluing feed water tank
-manual back sanding machine
-silvering bin with motor
-pre-treatment desk withe 3x tubs for laquer silvering preperation
-10" cutter (cuts down 12" records to 10") untested, custom build

lots of other stuff

best is to send a message at the contact sheet at www.abmastering.de

thanks for watching & happy pressing
;)

lamedebiche

Re: Neumann AM32 and other equipment for sale

Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:00 pm

This offer geared towards professionals? A minimum of $100k?

We're a record label with a budget of $20k to invest in producing short runs of 20-30 LPs for our artists. I'm the label's technician with knowledge in IT and electronics, so this is my task for the future months.

I suppose there might be two options:
#1 The easy way: buying this kind of equipment $$$$ + basic knowledge.
#2 Building it from scratch $$ + lot of time and knowledge...

I could be mistaken, though. What are your thoughts?

markrob

Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:32 pm

Forget #2. Look for a pro machine in bad shape and restore if you have the technical chops. To start from scratch and expect to equal a machine of that caliber in a reasonable timeframe and budget is not realistic.

apoklis

Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:50 pm

outsource, 20K won’t pay you for the time it will take for you, to learn how to produce a prograde record for the retail market . Much less the equipment needed to do it. If work is paying for it , consider taking the weekend class is Arizona with mike . Lathe Camp com He can also sell you something like a 6n in your price range. Then, one at a time , you could emboss LPs for you bands. There a lofi alternative . Great to sell at merch tables. But each has to be made in real time. Just something to consider.

boryo

Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:18 am

lamedebiche wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:00 pm
This offer geared towards professionals? A minimum of $100k?

We're a record label with a budget of $20k to invest in producing short runs of 20-30 LPs for our artists. I'm the label's technician with knowledge in IT and electronics, so this is my task for the future months.

I suppose there might be two options:
#1 The easy way: buying this kind of equipment $$$$ + basic knowledge.
#2 Building it from scratch $$ + lot of time and knowledge...

I could be mistaken, though. What are your thoughts?
In this case I would advice you to wait some more time and visit the forum every day until someone decides to sell their VR. Another advice is to aim for CUTTING records rather than embossing. If you don't know the difference you can read more here: https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8328

In the meantime you can find someone who can cut the records for you. Maybe you won't have profit from it but at least your label will be on dropping records.

Hope this helps,
Bob