Looking to Buy in Belgium

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

felixbaele

Looking to Buy in Belgium

Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:35 pm

Greetings from Belgium!

New to this group, new to the "lathe cutting culture" in fact.

I'm being doing some research the past weeks on lathe cutters
and also looking for where I could potentially purchase one. And it hasn't looked very promising so far.

Being from Belgium, I've only found one option so far being purchasing
the lathe cutter from vinylrecorder.com. But it is not exactly cheap, and hearing that
I'd have to be on a long waiting list, and go on a training program, and my knowledge
on the matter being rather poor for the moment, I thought it'd be more interesting
searching for alternatives.

So my question to you fine folk is as follows:

where can a chap from Belgium best look in hopes of finding an affordable lathe cutter?
Anybody know anybody? Any shops? any websites that make deliveries from or to Europe?
Any tips welcome!

Bedankt!

kugelblitz

Re: Looking to Buy in Belgium

Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:28 am

Depends on your definition of affordable, but the cheapest option to try out if it's for you might be getting a gakken record maker from ebay and follow markrob's instructions how to mod it to cut 7" https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9675
between the machine, mods and a embossing stylus (either from the us ebay (cheap but haven't tested) or recordlatheparts.com or form greece from epos) you'll pay about 200 euros or so.

The gakkens themselves sell for about 100 euros shipped from japan and work out of the box also off course, but very lofi and 5".
otherwise keep an eye on the classifieds, as well as local second hand sites, things do show up, but expect to spend at least 700-1000 euros for a working mono machine...