Lee chip pump

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Serif

Lee chip pump

Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Trolls, Just picked up one of the two Lee chip pumps that CD4Cutter was selling on eBay. Here's the other one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lee-chip-vacuum-pump-for-Neumann-Scully-Fairchild-Presto-record-lathes-/320951139510?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aba2dbcb6

If you've been looking for one of these little wooden box "Silent Suction" pumps, now's your chance. My present one has an Ametek motor inside, so, I hope this one does, too. (New pump is for a separate system.) It's a strong, reliable motor.

Dylan hipped me to the smooth walled extension tubes which minimize drag caused by corrugation turbulence. My box is about 20' from the chip jar, in the next room. A section of extension tube is visible along the wall in the hallway between the rooms.

- Dr. Bombay
Last edited by Serif on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audadvnc

Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:27 am

That looks nice. I use an old Sears vacuum cleaner, running at 85VAC off the variac - it works just as well and didn't cost a dime. The extension hose to reach from my chip collecting bucket to the vacuum did cost a bit, but the guy at the vac supply house was able to fabricate just what I needed.

piaptk

Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:51 am

The nice thing avout those pumps is that they arent as loud as a shopvac... I had one of those, but it bit the dust... Started making a really harsh metallic sxraping sound...

Serif

Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 pm

I needed this Lee pump to recreate a classic system. Although there will be a few modifications, I'd like to keep as much of it original as possible. The Lathe used this originally... VMS systems, too (at least those sold in USA from Gotham). New Ametek motors are available which can fit inside the box.

- Cy Borg