Hand-machined overhead assembly on eBay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Angus McCarthy

Hand-machined overhead assembly on eBay

Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:30 pm

This is a pretty interesting piece. Never seen anything like it so far. Aluminium and brass construction. It appears as if it were a one-off prototype of some kind.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110950410445

studiorp

Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:39 am

I had the same lathe, yes interesting machine, but a strange belt system of advance .
The lpi number was over 200, if I remember correctly...
Regard the head mounting, the attach seems be only for horizontal heads, no vertical .

chaosbc

Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 am

Too bad impossible to ask the guy any question and he only sells in US.
This lathe looks awesome...I also noticed this belt system and though it was curious...It seems also there is no suspension ! Is it usual for this kind of lathe ? I though there was ALWAYS a suspension system. :shock:

studiorp

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:14 am

I had many problems with this type of lathe, especially the mode for attach it on turntable.
I remember that were only few pieces produced.
Fortunately now I have a Poltz Freres, that is better than this in Usa...