Ebay : Ortofon DS 522 cutterhead

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

d

Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:50 pm

it looks like it needs a new feedback coil not only assembly. the situation is sh1tty :(
_______

dietrich10

Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:33 pm

I am the seller.
cutting lacquers-vms70 system

Serif

Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:42 pm

Perhaps, as in, "...this [situation] is the Sh1tty [I've been looking for!]" But no where near ready for the dust bin or compost heap. The price reflects the stated condition, which admits to the open reading on the FBC. I am sure that either Island Audio Engineering, in the Americas, or etec.dk, in Europe, can make this work for a reasonable bill.

Andrew

d

Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:54 am

I had the same problem. I do not want to make a fuss of it but i got two solutions - to order coil and pay big money or diy...
Still these coils is a very specific one - it is open, so you need to order special coil winding... i don't know about us companies but in eu like etec.dk do not have coils already for many years.
_______

dietrich10

Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:35 am

I am sure goes to Flo in the end if no eBay sale.

The fragile ness of the 522 stopped from me mounting on the 6n

Serif

Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:49 am

d wrote:I had the same problem. I do not want to make a fuss of it but i got two solutions - to order coil and pay big money or diy...
Still these coils is a very specific one - it is open, so you need to order special coil winding... i don't know about us companies but in eu like etec.dk do not have coils already for many years.
Probably true that no one will have such coils wound already. It has to be wound "bespoke," but this will be much less for only one coil than for both, and, also, much lower than to buy a fully vetted head, since you would already have the rest of the head for just 130 BHD (Bahraini Dinar). (ululation heard in background)

The asking price is quite low, therefore, in spite of the extra investment required. It will not approach "big money," and, if so, just buy the SX-74 which is missing the captive bent chip tube from Sheridang. Either way, the big money of ABG is avoided, albeit at the cost of both more work to be done on it and NO GUARANTEE.

Try asking George Alexandrovich, Sr. (Island Audio Engineering, Long Island, NY (001) (631) 543-2372) if he can do this and what it might cost before your feedback stops being negative. (:

Also, there's

http://www.west-techservices.com/p2.htm

http://www.cutterheadrepair.com/

http://www.vinylrecorder.com/servicecutterhead.html

Danke,
Helmut Krank

flozki

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

yes i hope the head finds its way to me.then i can work on the mods needed for using regular stylii.
so the ones have already one cross fingers noone else buys. you will all profit...

dietrich10

Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:02 pm

i love to trade and barter

no one on this one?