For Sale : SCULLY AMP/CONTROLLER?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

strangersfaces

For Sale : SCULLY AMP/CONTROLLER?

Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:56 pm

Stephen Haselton made me aware of this site when he learned I had a couple cutting related devices I do not need. I've had the two racked in storage for quite some time, and now I'm about to move need to lighten my load.

The thought and hope is that one of you folks could put these to good use, so I took a few quick pics:

I'm thinking cutting amp and controller? There is an additional box from the oldtimer I bought these from containing tubes, shields and cables to connect the two amps, and also 4 pages showing the Scully lathe and accessories. The rear of the top unit has hand written labels in marker, and two of those markings to the far side in the pics say "Lat" and Vert".

Take a look, tell me what you think and also send PM if they would be of use to you. Both need just a bit of cleaning but are in great shape physically. The front panel of the main amplifier (bottom) does have a scratch through the paint, as can be seen in the one photo. I can certainly remove them from the rack soon to take better pics.

Located on Main Street, Santa Monica, CA.

Be well,

Lance

skyonion

Variable Feed Unit

Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm

I believe this is the preamp and amplifier that drive the motor & solenoid for automatic variable pitch & depth on the 601 Scully lathe. It's not a cutting amp at all. I could definitely use this as it's the only thing I'm missing from my lathe. Right now I'm cutting fixed pitch or riding the LPI knob manually during the quiet/loud sections. This would be very useful for me!

I'm very interested. PM'd

You can see my Scully project here:
https://www.lathetrolls.com/viewtopic.php?t=3369&mforum=lathetrolls

strangersfaces

Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Gus,

PM and direct email sent right back at you... Neat if this stuff can help with your lovely restoration.

Be well,

Lance

skyonion

got em

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:55 pm

Sold to me, thanks Lance!

strangersfaces

Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:39 pm

Gus,

Your packages shipped this morning and should arrive Monday.

I'm thankful to have been able to connect with you and so contribute to the restoration of your Scully lathe. I can't imagine a better home for the gear.

When next in Portland, first beverage at the Acropolis is on me...

Be well,

Lance