!!!!TWO!!!! Atom Lathes for sale on ebay

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

gauze

Re: !!!!TWO!!!! Atom Lathes for sale on ebay

Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:42 am

damn, I hesitated buying one of these last month in unknown working condition for $100 and it sold before I made my mind up.

recordboy

Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:32 pm

:shock:
Cheers,
recordboy

dimi751

Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Why buy this old technologies when there's other option available, I would save more monies and buy drc or vinylrecorder or flo am machina at least will be new.

opcode66

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:06 pm

It all depends on your personal budget. Also, the availability of the lathes you listed is limited. Of the lathes you listed, only two are actually currently in production and available (VR and Flo's AM). The DRC is still to be seen in the wild or actually in production. In fact, no one has really heard from the DRC folks since they collected their 30K+ from the kickstarter they did..... Flo said he is only making between 20 and 30 of his on his site (can't remember the exact figure). So, that is a limited edition. Souri is very selective about who he sells to. So, that is also a limited edition. You are way oversimplifying things...

These machines are a viable option to cut records on. And, I think are well made for what they do and cost.
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

dimi751

Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:40 pm

Good points you raze Todd, I understand you & see why now people do buy second hand item less problem and I guess quickly available :D

lucien

Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:44 am

Yeah it depends on how many bucks you're ready to waste. 3000 or 4000$ asked for a machine that cuts 7 inch with a frequency response up to 8Khz :roll:
I don't understand this speculation bubble. Gob bless the one who will save us :mrgreen: